Well ok so i'm getting a new guitar as a gift...

My budget is 1200$...maybe slightly pushable to a higher figure

So i want a good all purpose guitar...

I heard ibanez prestiges are good ??

Fire !!!

EDIT: I wouldn't mind a original floyd rose....im just scared casue i had a cheap washburn with a liscenced one and after every divebomb it would go outta tune....and if i have a OFR would i be able to change tuning fast or would it take me ages ??
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Last edited by X-Boy at Apr 30, 2008,
What about an Epi Les Paul Elitist.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Ok well I'm a lefty too I have an Ibanez RG1570 the guitar plays great and sounds good but won't stay in tune. I never even have any desire to play a guitar with a Floyd Rose ever again. People have told me its just set up wrong well I've got it professional checked up and set up and they've all told me theres nothing wrong with it and set it up right. To me floyds are a total gimmick if I use the whammy on that guitar it still goes out of tune every time I drive to go play or have band practice its out of tune, even if I get it to the music and shake the guitar around alittle its out of tune. Then I have to take the locking nut off tune it, lock the nut fine tune it then tune it again until its finally right. But soon my anguish will be over I'm trading it in for a Shecter ATX Blackjack, 24 frets slim neck, good quailty, and hot pickups, just without a floyd. If I where you I'd also look into the american deluxe strat with the right pickups they can play anything plus you can do some whammy use with it. Carvin guitar are supposed to be good aswell, I'm not sure about all the hype though I've been kind of disappointed with my V3 lately.... Musicman axis would be another guitar to check out maybe a stilhoutte special aswell I'm not sure if it could do metal though. Gibson SG, Studio, and Explorer are also worth a look. Oh and keep in mind shecter makes nearly all there guitars lefty, you can see all the models available on there site. Oh and how could I forget ESP I'm pretty sure all ESP standard models are available lefty so check those out they have some great guitars.
What I recomend is what I got for myself. You can get really cheap non export model fender japan guitars. My tele was the most expensive type as it was a 52 re issue with a bigsby. But you can get mustangs, strats and the like check the range out on this site I found it you want. BTW mine was 1200AU and it was the most expensive model.

http://www.guitaremporium.co.uk/index.php?f=data_fender_japan_new_guitars&a=2

OH and I didnt buy off this site. This site just has a cool brochure I got mine ordered over by a friend.
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi
Do it once, it's a mistake.

Keep doing it, it's Jazz.

Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
Last edited by Pink Zeptallica at Apr 30, 2008,
Quote by Osiris77
Ok well I'm a lefty too I have an Ibanez RG1570 the guitar plays great and sounds good but won't stay in tune. I never even have any desire to play a guitar with a Floyd Rose ever again. People have told me its just set up wrong well I've got it professional checked up and set up and they've all told me theres nothing wrong with it and set it up right. To me floyds are a total gimmick if I use the whammy on that guitar it still goes out of tune every time I drive to go play or have band practice its out of tune, even if I get it to the music and shake the guitar around alittle its out of tune.

then you dont apparently know how to keep a floyd rose in tune if what you are saying is true about the ibanez
Just cause i'm lefty doesn't mean i play lefty does it

I play righty...forced into it
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

studio les paul
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
I would strongly advise against a locking trem if you change tunings even somewhat often. There is a lot more to it than unlocking the system, changing the tuning, and locking it back up. It's just way too annoying of a process to go through every time you want a different tuning.

I'd say an Ibanez SV5470 would be a great choice. Or there's always a Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
ok guys since i rarely change tunings...only change it for like a few minutes for some retarded fun of heavier riffs

SO i got an ibanez prestige 1870x with the piezo...not sure about the model number though !!!

I'm just lovin it !!!

Maybe it's just the fact that it's new and maybe i'll find out faults but for now *goes to play guitar*
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Do yourself a favor and get yourself an amp rather than a guitar. A $1200 amp is gonna be like god compared to a $1200 guitar. Plus I'm really against spending that much on any guitar.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by ironman1478
then you dont apparently know how to keep a floyd rose in tune if what you are saying is true about the ibanez

Regardless I still stand by what I said....
Les Paul Studio, and get it in wine red. It will sound, look, and feel amazing. I personally have the les paul vintage mahogany, but it is very similar soundwise.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Do yourself a favor and get yourself an amp rather than a guitar. A $1200 amp is gonna be like god compared to a $1200 guitar. Plus I'm really against spending that much on any guitar.

This man speaks the truth.
Used Custom 22/24? Check eBay--you can get one around that price slightly worn.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Ya but a les paul here costs around 2800$ dollars !!!

There is only 1 shop that sells esp and ltd and u know les pauls and he's a downright bitch !! Won't even let u try the guitars or anythin...you buy and then play....well i don't shop from him so meh...

Well and i wouldn't mind an amp like that but it's too hard to lug around a big amp and anyways my old washburn was falling apart...pickups were almost dead....screws missing...u get the idea

Any reviews on the 1870x cause the model number isnt given on the guitar...nor can i find it online...i presumed it was that cause it has a piezo output, and an ibanez v7 and an ibanez v8 humbuckers....and wiki said that was the model number
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Quote by jcoley2
Used Custom 22/24? Check eBay--you can get one around that price slightly worn.

eh for $1200 not so much. on the other hand a used Ce 22/24 would be more in the price range.
your not finding a PRS custom for nowhere near $1200...
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
Quote by Sonicxlover

Agreed. Get a nice amp first, then upgrade your guitar to suit. Often an amp is what restricts your sound.

If you are dead-set on a guitar, look into Jackson's Soloist line. Neck-thru, OFR (even their LFR is great, mine hasn't gone out of tune in months, even when I drop a spring I shove it back in, and I'm right in tune). But, I'm just a Jackson fan...
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Guys i already bought an ibanez 1820x prestige, the one with the piezo....i can't seem to find any reviews or anythin for it...

Know anything about it ?? Good/bad ??
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!