Mess up my computer (more) if I use it to get on the internet?

I think my hard drive is fried yet I really need to get on to study for a test
I don't think safe mode would save your hard drive, idk tho!
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by rickyy
I don't think safe mode would save your hard drive, idk tho!

I know, but will it mess up other parts of my computer?
Quote by dangorironhide
If you're not sure go down to your local library & use the computers there if you need to study.

The thing is, the local library is like 30 miles away and I need to leave in about 45 minutes for the test.
Quote by Firzen_Zero
How can you boot in safe mode without a working hard drive?

^^^what he said.

Also, no. Going on the Internet isn't going to magically damage your computer. But you can't go on the Internet in the first place if you don't have a working operating system, which you wouldn't if your hard drive was fried.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Internet = viruses

safe mode = limited defense from viruses afaik

so no it wouldn't be a good idea, and also how is your computer working with a bad HD
You fail to deserve.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Well, whenever I run my computer in a normal mode, the moniter shuts down and the computer restarts right when I get onto the desktop. Occasionally, a blue screen will be brought up stating that the computer is "caught in an infinite loop".

I finished studying though, so I'm okay for now
Safe mode is basically a factory default built into windows that you use when the computer is compromised do to software or virus. it wont do any harm running anything in safe mode that it basically allows. it will restrict functions because it is the basic settings for the computer to run at. running the internet will be fine, trying to construct something on autocad might not.
Quote by zombie_monster
Well, whenever I run my computer in a normal mode, the moniter shuts down and the computer restarts right when I get onto the desktop. Occasionally, a blue screen will be brought up stating that the computer is "caught in an infinite loop".

I finished studying though, so I'm okay for now

go into safemode, make sure all drivers are up to date.

but it sounds like you might need to go into safemode, backup what you want to keep, and the reformat your harddrive.

sorry for double post... school computer = crap
Quote by Slepnair
Safe mode is basically a factory default built into windows that you use when the computer is compromised do to software or virus. it wont do any harm running anything in safe mode that it basically allows. it will restrict functions because it is the basic settings for the computer to run at. running the internet will be fine, trying to construct something on autocad might not.

this.

the start menus and desktop items are bloody massive. i'm on XP, i went in safe mode, it's like Windows 98 and the menus and desktop icons are huge.

the internet won't work for me on it, and it i had to restart the pc several times to get to a virus checker because it kept freezing completely when i opened McAfee.

it's safe.