Any suggestions for a hardtail superstrat shape guitar for metal/metalcore drop tunings. Also under £250
Ibanez RG hardtail. 321, unless I'm much mistaken. With a pickup change it'll roar. But your amp is mostly responsible for your tone.
not a fan of the washburn headstock. I have tried the 321 in a shop and the frets were too wide. sorry to sound fussy.
Quote by andrewpledger
not a fan of the washburn headstock. I have tried the 321 in a shop and the frets were too wide. sorry to sound fussy.

Interesting, I find them to small

Well, you could MAYBE go for this

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/js-30-rr/66455

Or any other of the Jackson JS Series. Just a thought. And with the leftover dough, if needed towards a pickup change. (And WOW are guitars expensive over there!)
Depends on your neck preference...if you like thin necks go for a Jackson or Ibanez....if you like something a little bigger(like I do), look into the Scheter Hellraiser series...I've got the C-1 Hellraiser w/ EMGs and I love it
Quote by andrewpledger
Definitely a thin neck.

Go try out some Ibanez and Jacksons....with your budget though you might not get what you're really looking for b/c the guitars in that price range probably won't come with EMGs...and you'll most likely want EMGs for metal,metalcore, anything related to metal etc....

However, you don't necessarily need EMGs, there are many high output passive pickups out there...Look into the Ibanez S series...I'm not a fan of Ibanez b/c of the thin necks but the S series is realy cool regardless of the neck