Bare with me on this one...

Over the weekend I heard "Mountain Song" by Jane's Addiction on MTV (Can you imagine that, a late 80's video on current MTV?!). I've heard it hundreds of times, and for some reason, this time I instantly fell in love with Dave Navarro's tone. Its nothing special, maybe a Boogie with a partially opened wah. But, the attack and the shape of the sound IMHO is absolutely incredible.

I get like this with a lot of tones. John Petrucci's tone in "Pull me Under" (Very evident right after the first chorus) does the same thing for me. So tight with this great mid-range. Again, awesome.

So where am I going with all this...

I've come to the interesting conclusion that a LOT of my favorite sounds (Including the two previously mentioned) have come from Ibanez guitars. This boggles me as I've never picked up an Ibanez I absolutely loved. They all feel (Thats the operative word ladies and gentleman)...brittle and...crappy. Again, this is just me and my opinion, but they "feel", to me, like badly built kit guitars. I want so bad to love them, and I just can't because of how offending they feel to my fingers.

Anyone else in this boat, maybe not necessarily with Ibanez, but in a similar situation?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
I just wanna say your missing out with ibanez. Not my favourite guitar makers cause most of there necks are too thin for me. However i do own one and i absolutely love it (it has a thicker neck than most)

I can't say i can think of a guitar maker that i can't stand. However i can't say i care too much for jackson (dont know why really)
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by Footzyrama
I just wanna say your missing out with ibanez...
I've actually owned two of them about 7 years apart, and they both (Along with every subsequent Ibanez guitar I've tried) had this feeling to them. They just feel bad to me. Maybe its the thin necks, but I don't know. I prefer baseball-bat-thick necks, so maybe thats it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing their guitars by any means. They make a quality instrument, just not for me. Its ironic how many of my most beloved tones come from a guitar company, whose guitars I literally can't play.

Quote by Footzyrama
...I can't say i can think of a guitar maker that i can't stand...
I can think of a couple, incidentally, one of them is Jackson guitars
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
What Ibanez models did you play? Of course some of them will feel crappy but if you look in the right places, you get some real nice pieces of equipment.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I've got two Ibanez - they feel good to me. I know where you're coming from though - I often like the tone of Fender guitars but I really don't like the feel. Warwick basses are another one. Great sound but just feel wrong.
Quote by Ichimaru
What Ibanez models did you play? Of course some of them will feel crappy but if you look in the right places, you get some real nice pieces of equipment.
The two I owned were IMO, pretty high-end. An RG20051 (Very limited swirled 1570), and an old RG760.

As far as Ibanez guitars I've played, you name it, I've probably played it. I did like the old JPM models, but that was just about it.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头