I'm looking to buy a new amp. At the moment it's between an Orange Tiny Terror head and an Orange PPC112 cabinet, or a Peavey Valve King 212 combo.
At the moment I'm leaning more towards the Valve King, cause it's 2x12 and has 2 channels, but I thought I'd get you guy's opinion.

I'll be playing it with a Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe, more than likely.
It's girls and spaghetti... We love girls and spaghetti!
I would go for the Orange.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Big difference between those two amps. I'd split it and take a long look at some Laneys.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Yeah it really depends on the style you play to be honest. The tiny terror is such a great sounding amp and its simplicity is is plus for some but if its 2 channels/effects loop etc that your after you may want to find something else, also I wouldn't recommend counting 2x12 as much of a plus cus it just makes it heavier and doesn't make it as louder as you'd think.

EDIT have a look at the Hayden Peacemaker, if its anything like the Ashdown Peacemaker which I played yesterday its well worth a look cus the Ashdown was AMAZING!
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
well...I've got the VK 212...
It is amazing...
for hard rock,punk,punk rock,metal,blues...
It has really nice cleans and I use a pedal that I have for a long time for distortion cuz it's a bit brighter...
It really is a nice amp.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I vote VK.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Quote by Topstring
I'm looking to buy a new amp. At the moment it's between an Orange Tiny Terror head and an Orange PPC112 cabinet, or a Peavey Valve King 212 combo.
At the moment I'm leaning more towards the Valve King, cause it's 2x12 and has 2 channels, but I thought I'd get you guy's opinion.

I'll be playing it with a Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe, more than likely.

Where do you live in Lancashire?
Also, look at Laney's they are awesome and cheap
Bolton.

I might look into a Laney.

I'd mostly be playing rock/classic rock, but also a bit of clean stuff now and again.
i got a vavleking. check my mp3 to see if you like it. The lead on the song segment at 40 sec is pretty close to the tone of the amp unmiked.
Ah yeah, I know Burnley.

Another thing. I'll be looking at about £350 for a VK, and at £450 for the TT and cab. Is it really going to be worth spending another £100 on, baring in mind that I'll still have to buy pedals(considering it's single channel, with no reverb, etc).
get the vk 112, it is all you will ever need and gets a better tone as the 212 won't ever get turned up
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Hmm, I wouldn't say I lean towards heavier stuff at all. Classic rock/rock/blues is my main forté.
Hey Bartdevil - love your new avatar!

I guess it is just me but everytime I click on your link it just takes me to your original thread, and when i click on there it just opens the thread again? Obviously I can get to clips by going to profile but i was just wondering if that is happening to other people? or does it always do that after someone goes initially?

i only ask in case the link is broken.

;

oh - and VK!
Quote by Topstring
Ah yeah, I know Burnley.

Another thing. I'll be looking at about £350 for a VK, and at £450 for the TT and cab. Is it really going to be worth spending another £100 on, baring in mind that I'll still have to buy pedals(considering it's single channel, with no reverb, etc).

The thing with the Tiny Terror is it's simplicity....the whole point being that there are no frills, it's just a great sounding small amp.

Single channel issue, learning to roll back the volume control on your guitar will provide you with nice cleans, and then just cranking it up gives you the lead boost.

As for effects, this is where the TT is unsuited to you...effects such as Reverb are meant to be put in the effects loop (bypassing the pre-amp stage). When they're put in front of the amplifier, they tend to sound flat, and the tone suffers. On the other hand, I think you'll probably find if you do go the TT route, you'll wonder why you ever needed effects. The tonal characteristics of the amp provide enough diversity to the sound in themselves.

Hope that helps.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Hmm, that does clear up quite a bit Jon.

Another, probably silly question, but is the TT and a 1x12 cab loud enough to do small gigs with?
Quote by Topstring
Hmm, that does clear up quite a bit Jon.

Another, probably silly question, but is the TT and a 1x12 cab loud enough to do small gigs with?

Yes, but forget about cleans then. I have the TT and love it, but I'm considering adding a Valveking head to my rig to cover live cleans and more modern tones, since it isn't really suited for death metal.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
i just got the Tiny Terror, its great. no matter what style, clean to feedback. its awsome. i vote TT