the copy write on songs... dose it aply to the tabs or only the music its self and is there a copy write on cords..... i figured i would ask sence everything else has a copy write
Why? Are you trying to rip off someones chords?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
no just wondering if there is anything in music the isent copy writed lol i think its kind of funny how they can clame everything even if i created it by lisoning to the song...
if i were trying to wrip off someones cords that would be ilegle becuz the book would have a copy write for sure stupid
Don't download COMMUNISM

Anyways, music is copyrighted, that incudes riffs, licks, and somtimes long chords progressions (only if they're the same note values as well)

but, judging from your username and how you write, I'll bet you still won't get it.
This account may be a multi, but you can't prove it
:P
Quote by gothic_freak
if i were trying to wrip off someones cords that would be ilegle becuz the book would have a copy write for sure stupid

right...

*waits for grammar nazis*
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
its not illegal so long as you pay the copyrite owner a royalty and have the correct permissions to use it, though it is a bit of a grey area as many (including myself) feel a tab is ones own transcription of a song by ear and not losing the record compay any money, though the MPA will argue they are losing money on sales of music books, which lets face it are rarely correct anyway and cost way too much.
Edit: Any way this is VERY old news, just google it and you'll find a million pages on this subject.
Quote by I'mAtSchool
Don't download COMMUNISM

Anyways, music is copyrighted, that incudes riffs, licks, and somtimes long chords progressions (only if they're the same note values as well)

but, judging from your username and how you write, I'll bet you still won't get it.

Gothic people are smart and original mmk?
I don't think you can copyright chord sequences. IIRC the only musical aspects of a song that copyright applies to is top line melody and lyrics. Someone else would need to verify that though, I'm a bit pants at copyright

Also please clean up your posts.

Edit: I could be thinking of who owns the copyright to a song which is the person(s) who wrote the lyrics and/or top line melody. As I said, utterly pants
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Last edited by wannabe jesus at Apr 30, 2008,
I have copyright on the letter a, so every time you type a, I can sue you.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge

exacly lol im smarter than the freaking emos lol but i just suck at spelling
Quote by Canne
right...

I'm not even going to bother with this one. I'll let someone more experienced rip him to shreds.

Simply put TS, if you were thinking about 'borrowing' someone's chord progression, then don't. The end. Everything is copyrighted, and although most bands won't care if you rip off their music, it's laughably obvious when it happens.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge

Needless to say, I lol'd.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by webbtje
I'm not even going to bother with this one. I'll let someone more experienced rip him to shreds.

Simply put TS, if you were thinking about 'borrowing' someone's chord progression, then don't. The end. Everything is copyrighted, and although most bands won't care if you rip off their music, it's laughably obvious when it happens.

What happened to your Spinal Tap avatar?
You can't copyright a chord progression, hence why many songs have the standard EEAEBAE chords.
Quote by SOADisdabest
What happened to your Spinal Tap avatar?

Decided it was time for a change. I couldn't find it again when I had to change back following the debacle when I pretended to be a girl, so I got Felix. Then I replaced it with Felix as modified by Magero as a birthday present for him.
Quote by webbtje
Decided it was time for a change. I couldn't find it again when I had to change back following the debacle when I pretended to be a girl, so I got Felix. Then I replaced it with Felix as modified by Magero as a birthday present for him.

I see.
Quote by gothic_freak
no just wondering if there is anything in music the isent copy writed lol i think its kind of funny how they can clame everything even if i created it by lisoning to the song...

Quote by gothic_freak

Quote by Canne
right...

and like everyone else has said, dont 'borrow' chords... it just proves that people can't be inventive...

i think
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by gothic_freak

OMG. Learn2English. Then you an transform this illegible load of rubbish into this:

Quote by gothic_freak
No I was just wondering if there is anything in the music that isent isn't copyrighted lol. I think it's kind of funny how they can clame claim everything even if I created it by lisoning listening to the song...

...You're terrible. Over 5 mistakes in grammar and spelling should get you banned IMO .

---

And again:
Quote by gothic_freak

Into:
Quote by gothic_freak
If I were was trying to wrip rip off someone's cords chords then that would be ilegle illegal becuz because the book would have a copy write copyright for sure, stupid.

For your sake and ours, pay attention in English class.
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Apr 30, 2008,
Quote by bartdevil_metal
OMG. Learn2English. Then you an transform this illegible load of rubbish into this: [...]

...You're terrible. Over 5 mistakes in grammar and spelling should get you banned IMO .

Agreed. And I don't understand the part which says: "[...] even if I created it by listening to the song..." How do you create something by listening to it?
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...