Okay i just got a new guitar with trem
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=849183
(some guy said its unrecess, i guess that means it doesn't float which it doesn't)
and i want to know how exactly do you tune it the right way? Do I mess with the nut or the thing behind the nut?

I also want to know if its possible to change the string with a higher gauge becuase its lighter than my usual gauge campare to my schecter blackjack.

Thanx!!!
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Apr 30, 2008,
It's got a Floyd so you tune it with the thumb screws on the trem. If you wanna swap to a higher gage you need to recalibrate the bridge alittle, it's not that hard.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Hmm? Thumbs screws? Can you specify the the location? Is that on the bridge or near the nut? As i said its my first Trem and i look at the Sticky didn't tell me nothing about tuning

Thanx

EDit: Found the sticky i need but it doesn't say where the thumb screw is, well i just got to read this one but your help will still be appreciated

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Apr 30, 2008,
The thumb screws are the black knobs on the trem, towards the tail end of the guitar.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
^dang, im so noob right now.... can you give me a pic of it?
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
anyone?
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5

Those 6 black knobs which are appropriately sized for twisting with one's thumb.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Jesus guys, you know there is something out there called the Internet
Here's the link to the Floyd Rose website: http://www.floydrose.com/original.html
On it is a nice picture of a Floyd Rose. Liscenced or original isn't going to make much of a difference.

Here's the page that has an instructional video and PDF's
http://www.floydrose.com/instructions.html

What Ichimaru is talking about are the "fine tuners" at the ass end of the bridge. They're used to get it dialed in just right when you're already close in tune with the headstock tuners.

Good luck, and enjoy.
Sorry, not the longer ones sticking out parrallel with the guitar body, but the ones just above that facing you. Those are the fine tuners. The long ones in the VERY back/bottom are to loosen the black square peice sitting within the saddle which clamps onto the string.
Quote by Ichimaru

Those 6 black knobs which are appropriately sized for twisting with one's thumb.

Thank you very much

Though the guy should me that said to not mess with those thing, why would he tell me that?

Quote by DeanESPJackson
Jesus guys, you know there is something out there called the Internet
Here's the link to the Floyd Rose website: http://www.floydrose.com/original.html
On it is a nice picture of a Floyd Rose. Liscenced or original isn't going to make much of a difference.

Here's the page that has an instructional video and PDF's
http://www.floydrose.com/instructions.html

What Ichimaru is talking about are the "fine tuners" at the ass end of the bridge. They're used to get it dialed in just right when you're already close in tune with the headstock tuners.

Good luck, and enjoy.

As you can tell i did use the internet but i just couldn't find the info, but thank you for helping me
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Dam Ichimaru I couldn't see your photo when I was at my work computer today, nice.

Well I didn't mean to sound like an ass dude but if you just typed "floyd rose" you would have found their site and access to a tonne of info on the bridge... but anyways...hopefully I can help with understanding whats going on here...

I'm guessing: you have an older Ibanez that doesn't have the deeper reccess in the body that we see nowadays? And maybe the 2 screws holding the bridge to the body have been screwed down lowering the bridge as much as possible and the bridge is leaning back a bit? maybe enough to end up leaning onto the reccess? As far as I know all floyd rose bridges are floating until/unless you lock them....not much help I know but I help to know whats really going on.

Yes you can change string gauge, but depending on how your bridge is doing (see above) it may or may not really make a difference on your tuning. Theres much more about this but I don't have time to explain it all right now. It has to do with how tension works, and the tuning you want to use...

Why would he tell you to not mess with those?, because he's an ass. Instead of showing you how it works he basically blew you off man, or he doesn't know english and thought he would just confuse you.
^I don't think the seller was blowing me off because he was a really nice person. But if i don't figure this thing out of mess up in the process i will just take it to a GuitarTech for restringing

Thank you for the explanation.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky