So i have got a music listening exam tommorow which as you guessed by the title i haven't revised for. So any useful cramming ideas and storys to help would be appreciated.
Get off UG.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Quote by dangorironhide
Judging from your age I'll say you're doing standard grade music. Just wing it. It'll be easy enough.

Though this is coming from someone who sat the old standard grade exam...

yep you're right. all i need is a 3 tommorow which will give me an overall grade of 2 which willl allow me to do higher so it's not critical
Wing it then. Most of it is multiple choice & 'fill the blanks'. There'll probably be a question or two on filling in or following music as well so if you can't read music well best to at least brush up on that a bit.

Do you have to do the essay type question at standard grade? Those questions helped me fail advanced higher
Quote by dangorironhide
Wing it then. Most of it is multiple choice & 'fill the blanks'. There'll probably be a question or two on filling in or following music as well so if you can't read music well best to at least brush up on that a bit.

Do you have to do the essay type question at standard grade? Those questions helped me fail advanced higher

nope. there are 4 non multiple choice questions though. chord change, comparison, descriptive and the text question. There worth the most marks aswell so i'll need to review them.
Quote by dangorironhide
The chord change usually follows a fairly simple progression & the comparison is easy - just write down anything and everything. The more the merrier!

The descriptive is what I meant by essay (I think). What's the text one about?

Thanks mate, useful infomation.

The text question is hard to explain. Basically there's a piece of music lyrics only and blank boxes down the side of it. Then you have to match the concepts given to each blank box. For example 1 of the concepts given could be drum fill , then you would have to match it to one of the blank boxes. Sorry hard to explain.
Quote by BassmasterGreg
Thanks mate, useful infomation.

The text question is hard to explain. Basically there's a piece of music lyrics only and blank boxes down the side of it. Then you have to match the concepts given to each blank box. For example 1 of the concepts given could be drum fill , then you would have to match it to one of the blank boxes. Sorry hard to explain.

Aah yeah I know what you mean now. That one's piss easy, just make sure you check it over on the last playing through.
Music SG isn't hard. I didn't study for the Higher and I got an A, so don't worry yourself.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.