hi, i was looking for Electric guitar so i entered Yamaha local store here, then i saw a Yamaha EG serise( but i didnt saw any Pacifica or RGX serise) and i liked the price. so wat do you think about this guitar? is it good for a First guitar?
Dont listen to brandon, Yamaha make some very good guitars, as well as wicked basses
brandon is wrong, and immature. yamaha makes some pretty nice guitars

i just searched the guitar. it looks ok for a beginner, but nothing more then another strat copy.
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Quote by brandon_
Nirvana is for fags, listen to me I have candy.

Why don't you just get out?

My friend has the EG112. It's actually not a bad guitar. The neck is pretty comfy, the action is nice, and it sounds alright. A new set of pickups would be good for it, though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I agree with darkabiter7, though I have to say that the pickups are pretty good for the price. They easily beat anything by Ibanez or Epiphone in this price range.
Go with the Yamaha, it's great.

brandon: I reported you. Fooling around with beginners is not cool. AT ALL.
Go for it man.

I have heard some nice things about the EG... I personally have the PAC112 (I think the only major difference is the body of the guitar).
Quote by CedricL
Go for it man.

I have heard some nice things about the EG... I personally have the PAC112 (I think the only major difference is the body of the guitar).

Yep, the EG is made of agathis, not alder like the Pacifica112. Alder is better, but the EG is alot cheaper and still a good guitar imo.
ok thanks , i looked for Pacifica112 but i only saw the EG112 ( i dont remember i think it was Eg112gpbl) anyway Thanks.
wow, cool discussion. I personally have a strat copy (Squire) but the Yamaha's are okay if you're juts wanting something to thrash on. My acoustic is a yamaha and its freaking sweet. go for the one you like best, only way to play happy it to play what you're happy with lol.

brandon, stop being an ass dude. You and your ass-crack obsession is funny though.
I can do no wrong, for I do not know what wrong is.

The Gear:
Squire 50th Stratocaster (Pimped Out)
Gibson SG Standard
Tuxedo Telecaster Terror (Own Build)
Nameless Les paul
Marshall MGFX 100 Combo
i like brandon lol.

yeh yamaha strat copies are quite nice, a friend of mine owns one, and it can pull of some nice sounds.

it works rather well with metal too.
Yeah ignore the troll.

my first guitar was an EG112, very little difference between that and the Pacifica 112 - it may well an old starter-pack version of the same guitar. It's more likely the 012 though, I don't think the body's alder. Either way, probably one of the best guitars you'll get for the price. Superb value.

And people who think 'Yamaha make okay beginner Strat copies' or whatever, you haven't played an AES, clearly...
Quote by kyle62
And people who think 'Yamaha make okay beginner Strat copies' or whatever, you haven't played an AES, clearly...

+1

I can't believe so many people ignore those. The AES620 beats anything in it's price range and the 920 is easily comparable to high end ESPs and Gibsons.
Man, I sound like a total fanboy - and I'm proud to be one. Yamaha ftw!

Kind of hijacking the thread now, but did anyone ever play the Yamaha SA2200?
I consider getting a new guitar soon and I wanted to have a look at this as well.
Quote by TheQuailman
Kind of hijacking the thread now, but did anyone ever play the Yamaha SA2200?
I consider getting a new guitar soon and I wanted to have a look at this as well.

Haven't seen them anywhere yet, but I wouldn't mind a look if it's going to be AES quality. Strange how underrated Yamaha are though, I don't even own one at the moment but I'll happily sing their praises. Clearly they know how to build instruments, their grand pianos
I really wish they'd expand their tele-style models beyond the Mike Stern sig though, I reckon they'd be a massive hit. ...