Page 1 of 2
Anyone on here a delivery driver for Dominoes or anything similar to that?
Or know anybody that does it ?

I've got an interview with them tomorrow. The hours/work suits me perfectly whilst I'm at college!
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
I know a couple of guys who have done it. They didn't particularly enjoy it, but at least you're not the one actually having to make the pizzas. Plus, tips.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Brag about punctuality and say that you freak out whenever you're late for something, even if it's not true.
Well, I don't know. But you'll be making around 300 dollars in tips a week...

Wish I had a car. -.-
Quote by -Bloo
Well, I don't know. But you'll be making around 300 dollars in tips a week...

Wish I had a car. -.-

Not in England he won't. We don't tip half as much as you guys.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra

I generally give the driver £1 and that's it. I hate tipping, it can be so awkward
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Badreligionrock
I generally give the driver £1 and that's it. I hate tipping, it can be so awkward

Yea, I'm not saying we don't tip. We just don't do is as much as the Americans, they tip everything. I don't really see the point, why pay extra someone for doing their job properly
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Hahaha, yeah.

I always tip drivers, especially when the price is like £10.57 and I can't be bothered to wait for change.
Hahaha.
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
well im sure this wont be of any help there is this asshole who used to go to my school and thought he was the **** and then he graduated and now he works at Mazzios < Pizza place similar to dominos!
MUSIC

Black > Classic

UG BLACK BRIGADE

Quote by punkforlife93
hit him in the balls, prefferably from below so as for maximum testacular pain

Quote by Strato-Massacre
1) stick him in his kisser, quick!
2) repeat step one.
I loved that job. Definitely a perfect first job for me, back in the day. What's better than driving around, listening to music, and eating pizza?

Just don't look like a ****-up, promise to show up to work on time, and say you'll be flexible on hours. Some nights I stayed for my whole shift, while others if business was slow, I'd head home early.

Made some major tip money, though! On a bad night, I'd get $30, while a good night would bring in $120 in cash - for not that much work.
I'm a delivery driver for Papa John's. Being a musician first and an owner of net worth second, I like the job a lot. I'm recording an album with a friend who is a good engineer for about $200 a song, and my job lets me pay for that and have plenty of extra money to spend. When I was in a band for two years doing 4 shows a week I never had a red cent.

Its minimum wage, but I gross double that because of tips. After gas, I'm netting about $9-10 an hour. And the good thing about tips is every night you work you're guaranteed some cash. So you don't have to budget from one paycheck to the next. Things have been slow lately so my paychecks have been like $170... and they're two week paychecks. What I do is I save my whole paycheck and use my tips to pay for gas, food, and anything else. It works well. I've been down to about 15 hours a week lately, which sucks. Pay is still enough, though. And people have been tipping more because of gas prices.

So all in all I love this job, its perfect for me. The pay suits my needs very well. I still live with my parents, but if hours would go back up a bit I'd be able to share an apartment with 1 or 2 friends pretty easily. My music is my priority though so I have no need to do that.

Anyways, hope you like it! Oh and when you start, you should put away some of each paycheck as a car repair fund. My car is a monster, it refuses to quit. But I'm still putting aside some dough because if you're working this job long enough you will need to fix your car. Last Saturday I put 130 miles on my car in one night. I also got $80 in tips, though.
We're only strays.
Quote by Logic Smogic
I loved that job. Definitely a perfect first job for me, back in the day. What's better than driving around, listening to music, and eating pizza?

Just don't look like a ****-up, promise to show up to work on time, and say you'll be flexible on hours. Some nights I stayed for my whole shift, while others if business was slow, I'd head home early.

Made some major tip money, though! On a bad night, I'd get $30, while a good night would bring in $120 in cash - for not that much work.

$120, that is a friggin busy night lol. I guess in my area (suburbs and rural FL) we have less pizza consumers. And yeah I've been sent home before I even clocked on, and other nights they've kept me 4-5 hours past schedule. Its cool though because if I did have plans for after work, and its not way busy, they have no problem with letting me go if I ask. I wouldn't try it too soon after starting though.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
$120, that is a friggin busy night lol. I guess in my area (suburbs and rural FL) we have less pizza consumers. And yeah I've been sent home before I even clocked on, and other nights they've kept me 4-5 hours past schedule. Its cool though because if I did have plans for after work, and its not way busy, they have no problem with letting me go if I ask. I wouldn't try it too soon after starting though.

Question. How often do you fill up your tank and how much do you pay let's say per month on gas.
Quote by jambi_mantra
Yea, I'm not saying we don't tip. We just don't do is as much as the Americans, they tip everything. I don't really see the point, why pay extra someone for doing their job properly

i think its because were nicer than you over there...

But really, I have no idea what your talking about. The only things I ever tip for are for the waiter/waitress and sometimes the pizza guy if they remember my pop… but its only a buck or so…
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by Masamune
Question. How often do you fill up your tank and how much do you pay let's say per month on gas.

I put in like $10 at the beginning of every night and then a five later on. On the 130 mile night I put in $35 in 3 different gas stops. So about 2-3 times a night. Once if its a slow night. If your area is anything like mine you could put a twenty in before work and be fine. I never fill up my tank. I dunno why. The most I put it at a time is $20.

And based on my usual schedule of 4 nights week, $20 a night, 4 weeks in a month, that'd be $320. I'm netting about $400 a month. Thats not including good tip nights, just average ones. Otherwise its more like $600 a month.
We're only strays.
Quote by mikko_9119
i think its because were nicer than you over there...

But really, I have no idea what your talking about. The only things I ever tip for are for the waiter/waitress and sometimes the pizza guy if they remember my pop… but its only a buck or so…

it's because our wages are higher. We don't need tips to make the income somewhat acceptable.

Although for taxi drivers after nights out I'll just ask for the simplest change back e.g. £3.89 and I pay with a tenner, I'll ask for a fiver back but that's only because I'm usually too drunk to be able to check my change/I'd only drop it everywhere if they gave me a load of coins.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I work at Pizza Hut. It's a great job, just driving around listening to music all day. Every so often you will get EPIC TIPZ and end up averaging over $20 an hour. Best job ever for a college student.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Quote by jambi_mantra

i have about 5 dominos a month, and this has been going for about 3 years..and i have never tipped...because theyre all foreigners.

Seriously, most domino's in UK dont have any white english people.
I was a delivery driver back in the day. It's an alright job. I just drove around stoned listening to music all the time. Some people are ****ing insane though so watch out. More than once I almost got robbed and more than once I was invited into strange situations.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by DieKrupps
i have about 5 dominos a month, and this has been going for about 3 years..and i have never tipped...because theyre all foreigners.

Xenophobia much?

I usually tip at restaurants/delivery etc, especially if they're young, since I'm entirely aware of how tight money can be as a student. Also, when I get tips at my work it's awesome, so I like to give other people that feel-good factor.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
Xenophobia much?

I usually tip at restaurants/delivery etc, especially if they're young, since I'm entirely aware of how tight money can be as a student. Also, when I get tips at my work it's awesome, so I like to give other people that feel-good factor.

meh,

I always tip my indian curry delivery guy though, hes a legend.
I used to deliver for Domino's. Tolerable conditions. Intolerable revenues. Gas prices will murder you, especially if your town tips badly.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by Mongoose87
I used to deliver for Domino's. Tolerable conditions. Intolerable revenues. Gas prices will murder you, especially if your town tips badly.

Yeah my town tips good enough for the gas prices to be tolerable. But not by a whole lot.
We're only strays.
Quote by jambi_mantra

Americans in service jobs get ridiculously low wage to force them into being nice to people to get tips so their wage is somewhat normal.

I don't remember the last time I tipped someone, certainly not a pizza delivery driver! Perhaps a hairdresser or a tattooist who had actually made a difference to me not just made me fatter

Make sure you know your area well, in Bristol drivers get a lot of shit if they arrive late to places, my boyfriend lives out in farmerland so I should know, lots of them get lost
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Americans in service jobs get ridiculously low wage to force them into being nice to people to get tips so their wage is somewhat normal.

I don't remember the last time I tipped someone, certainly not a pizza delivery driver! Perhaps a hairdresser or a tattooist who had actually made a difference to me not just made me fatter

Make sure you know your area well, in Bristol drivers get a lot of shit if they arrive late to places, my boyfriend lives out in farmerland so I should know, lots of them get lost

If you don't tip a delivery driver here in the US you're basically considered to be a douchebag.\

I've only been stiffed once at the restaurant where I work and it was because the guy totally misunderstood everything I told him about... everything.
Quote by pratt121
If you don't tip a delivery driver here in the US you're basically considered to be a douchebag.\

I've only been stiffed once at the restaurant where I work and it was because the guy totally misunderstood everything I told him about... everything.

God, I almost want to go to america now, just so I can be rude to everyone and claim it was a cultural misunderstanding
Tipping has gone well past the point of stupidity in the US. People expect you to tip for just about anything. Tipping should be only if you feel like the person was extra good and deserve it. I know I have heard waiters get paid crap and rely on tips but really the restaurant needs to pay the waiter not the people eating there.
in jersey the minimum wage right now is like 6.50 an hour or something but for people that work for tips it's 2.15... if you dont tip in america you're basically making people work for slave wages.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
God, I almost want to go to america now, just so I can be rude to everyone and claim it was a cultural misunderstanding

Seriously, people think Americans are douchebags when we go abroad, but the truth is any foreigner in a foreign land is going to be perceived as an asshole. For example, I waited on some Germans the other night and I perceived them as terribly rude... trying to yell to me while I was talking to other customers, and so forth. Not to stereotype, because I've also waited on other Europeans who were darn nice people, tipped well, were patient and happy with everything, and engaged me in good conversation. And I've also dealt with Americans who are FAR worse.

Americans who have money and think that they're all classy and in with European culture (like food, wine, and style) are, to me, far worse than Europeans. At least a foreigner has the excuse of ignorance. The American is just a stupid, impatient asshole.
Quote by ViperScale
Tipping has gone well past the point of stupidity in the US. People expect you to tip for just about anything. Tipping should be only if you feel like the person was extra good and deserve it. I know I have heard waiters get paid crap and rely on tips but really the restaurant needs to pay the waiter not the people eating there.
I bet you have no idea how expensive it is to run a restaurant. The overhead is huge. Would you prefer to pay a 20% service charge that's just automatically added into your bill? Or just that they inflate the prices of their food/drink to a point where they're able to pay their servers?

Since I've worked in a restaurant I actually know what good service is, I tip 20% for good service (on a 50 dollar bill, that's 10 bucks) and 15% for crap service. And the pizza guy gets about 10-15% depending on the bill. But I tip larger than most cheap rednecks round here.
Last edited by pratt121 at Apr 30, 2008,
Usually the further away the customer's house is, the larger the tip. To pay for gas. It really is better than having a higher set wage, especially since tips are instant cash and thus make it easier to keep your tank full. Otherwise you may make a budgeting mistake and run out of gas before the next payday.
We're only strays.
Domino's is awesome!!! In Australia, we had a set wage of about $9.50 an hour, plus we would get an extra dollar or two each delivery we made according to the distance. Add to that tips (even though tipping here is uncommon you get the odd generous person) and it works out pretty good for someone in college or just out of high school.

It was a fun atmosphere too... I've never had a better work environment.
I play bass

John Deacon > You

Quote by TimmyPage06
Yeah I laughed there. And then realised, Ill die a virgin.
Quote by guyisasexybeast
Domino's is awesome!!! In Australia, we had a set wage of about $9.50 an hour, plus we would get an extra dollar or two each delivery we made according to the distance. Add to that tips (even though tipping here is uncommon you get the odd generous person) and it works out pretty good for someone in college or just out of high school.

It was a fun atmosphere too... I've never had a better work environment.

Yeah the other places I've worked weren't as laid back and cheerful as Papa John's. And wow, $9.50 an hour? Thats just a bit under what I'm making with tips.
We're only strays.
^ aussie dollars are different than american dollars as far as exchange rate goes
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Not much different, that'd be about $8.90 US... I think we get paid a more reasonable hourly rate here as we don't tip anywhere near as much. For example... the most I ever got in tips in a night was about $30... on average I would have got about $5.

I've lived/worked in America so I know how crazy you guys over there go with the tipping thing, I'm ok with it, but I hated it when people expected me to tip even though the service was bad. Screw them.
I play bass

John Deacon > You

Quote by TimmyPage06
Quote by guyisasexybeast
but I hated it when people expected me to tip even though the service was bad. Screw them.

i'd leave like $1 (at a restaurant)... its mean, but it shows them that they did a horrible job...
teaches them a lesson
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

Quote by mikko_9119
i'd leave like $1 (at a restaurant)... its mean, but it shows them that they did a horrible job...
teaches them a lesson

1 cent coins piss me off so I'd just unload a bunch of those on them. Tipping is good for getting rid of change
I play bass

John Deacon > You

Quote by TimmyPage06
Quote by guyisasexybeast
1 cent coins piss me off so I'd just unload a bunch of those on them. Tipping is good for getting rid of change

you mean pennies?

oh wait your in Aus-
Quote by Wiki
The Australian 1 cent coin was the least-valued Australian circulation coin until it was withdrawn from circulation in 1992.

that true?
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

Quote by DieKrupps

Seriously, most domino's in UK dont have any white english people.

what, so only white english people deserve tips?

really?

you're a fucking idiot.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by guyisasexybeast

This one time someone gave me 2 dollars in pennies and nickels and dimes haha. I just dropped it in my door handle holder thing and its great for when I need odd change.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
This one time someone gave me 2 dollars in pennies and nickels and dimes haha. I just dropped it in my door handle holder thing and its great for when I need odd change.

I was trying making out what exactly that is in my mind… but I’ve literally got nothing…

or at least try to figure out how something like that could hold coins
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

Page 1 of 2