Just a quick one guys could anyone gimi a link, or post a table or something with each mode, and its inervals. So like ionian is 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 etc. Just trying to work this out so i can tab it and practice when my teacher comes
Quote by Varkunus
Just a quick one guys could anyone gimi a link, or post a table or something with each mode, and its inervals. So like ionian is 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 etc. Just trying to work this out so i can tab it and practice when my teacher comes

search the lesson archive here at UG. there are loads of lessons on scales and modes...
Thank you please.
yeah i searched, but what i want is just something basic which doesnt do the work for me.

Just like

Ionian 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Aeolian 1 2 3b 4 5 6 7

that kinda thing
I think you're going way too fast here, just worry about the major scale for the time being. Modes aren't as useful as a lot of guitarists seem to think.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
No i know, but I am leaening them with my teacher shortly and I have been asked to learn them. Because i can only have a lesson every other week due to the cost, I like to only learn things off him which are necessary. Such as theory explanation.

Anyway anyone going to convert it to intervals for me? Or help me find it, im still looking now
Hey man i'm scanning my mode sheet right now. Give me about 5 minutes and i'll give you a link to where you can download a PDF of it.
No problem - here you go. These are the modes of C major. The flats and sharps are at the bottom of each scale (which you can apply to any key). Hope this is what you were looking for.

Modes
cheers dude your a life saver, but whats the derivitive and paralellel bit mean? And so if i just put those intervals into A i should be set to go
the derivative side is just taking the different modes of the key of C major.

The parallel side is showing the modes which START with C.

For instance, the first one (C Ionian). The Ionian mode starts on the first scale degree making C Ionian from the key of C.

Second, since the Dorian mode starts on the second scale degree, C Dorian is from the key of B flat and so on.

On the parallel side, the root is listed above the staff on the upper right.
well i want the ones so say someones playing in the key of C i could improvise using the modes, paralellel i think
Quote by Varkunus
well i want the ones so say someones playing in the key of C i could improvise using the modes, paralellel i think

If someone was playing in the key of C major anything on the left side would work (technically) since they all are derived from C major...

For instance, playing D Dorian would be playing the notes of a C major scale (C Ionian) but playing from D to D.

D-E-F-G-A-B-C-D
2-3-4-5-6-7-1-2(octave)

But playing C Dorian from the Parallel side, you would actually be playing a Bb Major scale but starting on the second scale degree...which is C...so that would not work.
Quote by steven seagull
I think you're going way too fast here, just worry about the major scale for the time being. Modes aren't as useful as a lot of guitarists seem to think.

i thought you were smarter than that.