allright, this summer i'll be getting a good sum of money and i was wondering if anyone could give me some good advice on my planned purchases.
an esp ltd fx-260 and i'll buy locking tuners and a dimebucker & i'm thinking blackout for the neck.
and for the amp i'm stumped i was thinking a peavy valve king 1x12 and some pedals.
i plan to play a good deal of heavy stuff, clean stuff and a lot of in between originals, can anyone tell me if this seems like a good plan, and some experience with this combination.
thanks, and i'm sorry to redo this thread.

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
Hey i have a ibanez with a dimebucker and and a valveking 112. check out my mp3 on my profile to see if you like it. The track isnt done, or mixed, but the lead tone at 40 sec in is great (i think) check it out see if you like it.
You can't mix active and passive pickups, so you could just have a pair of Blackouts or EMGs; or two passive humbuckers like a Seymour Duncan '59/Custom Custom combination.
well, if you're gonna mix actives and passives, you'll have to do alot of modding to the wiring.
And, don't get a dimebucker. Those really are overpriced, and bad (the pickup equivalent of a marshall MG). I'm not a big humbucker buff (i'm a single coil guy), so i'd wait for someone else to chime in.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
thats pretty chill, playing and the tone, does the amp have a tendency to give that awesome harmonic sustain on overdrive, something like a john petrucci smooth distortion type sound, and can you describe the clean? sorry to ask so much.

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
well the stock speaker wont give you really clean petrucci gain structure, but replace it with a celestion 30 and its smooth. I havent done it yet but my buddies has a celestion in his and its a-lot smoother. but the cleans are awesome, and give a good amount of chime, real good for bluesy stuff. turn the bright switch off and your in thrash metal clean territory ( think "one"). Harmonics are good ( better with speaker switch) and you can get LOUD. Oh and the dimebucker is great, its like a bill lawrence with a little more low end.