Hey, I might sell my dirt bike, and get a new amp.

I will have about $2000 to spend, I dont care if its used. I want a good Metalz sound, with a huge low end. I found a used Mesa Trem-O-Verb with a Rectifier 4x12 for $2000 used, I also wouldn't mind a decent clean sound and a good crunch for classic rock. Good deal?

What else should I look at

Would a Dual Rec. Tremoverb be good?
These are AMAZING amps. I would highly suggest getting one. I played that exact some one, with the clean, recto and ultra modules. All three sounded great, and the recto (I think it's officially called the Treadplate) module is especially good if you like the Mesa sound.

Pair that up with an Avatar G212H cab with V30s and you're good to go.

EDIT: They also have cheaper 2-module models, if you don't need all three slots.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Last edited by mafropetee at Apr 30, 2008,
usually i see tremoverbs for about $1200, mesa cabs for $500. so, price is not so great. but it's a great amp for what you want.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
Quote by soundnin
usually i see tremoverbs for about $1200, mesa cabs for $500. so, price is not so great. but it's a great amp for what you want.
I'm in Canada, so stuffs a bit more.

And would a normal Dual rectifier be better?

Hows the Single?
look at ENGL's and that module amp looks awesome.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by mafropetee
These are AMAZING amps. I would highly suggest getting one. I played that exact some one, with the clean, recto and ultra modules. All three sounded great, and the recto (I think it's officially called the Treadplate) module is especially good if you like the Mesa sound.

EDIT: They also have cheaper 2-module models, if you don't need all three slots.
Nah, Dont like Modeling.
Quote by mafropetee

+10000
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by FRDesign
And would a normal Dual rectifier be better?

Trem-O-Verb > Single/Dual/Triple Recto by a mile imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Trem-O-Verb > Single/Dual/Triple Recto by a mile imo.
Really?

I heard that the Trem-O-Verbs sound like the older good rectifiers, and that the new ones sound like fuzz, and crap.
Quote by FRDesign
Really?

I heard that the Trem-O-Verbs sound like the older good rectifiers, and that the new ones sound like fuzz, and crap.

Yeah, the Trem/Rect-O-Verbs are really nice sounding and live up to the "solo" on their faceplate better than the normal Rectos do. Pretty nice cleans on them as well
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by FRDesign
Its still modeling, I want the Acutal amp, not something trying to be it.

No...Its not, its a tube amp with a power section in it, and you choose preamp modules BASED amps, its not modeling, its just like any other tube amp, but with the ability to choose which sounds you want it to make
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by SkateEmerica987
No...Its not, its a tube amp with a power section in it, and you choose preamp modules BASED amps, its not modeling, its just like any other tube amp, but with the ability to choose which sounds you want it to make
I realize its a tube amp, its still trying to be other amps.
$2000!?!

OMG SPLAWN .

I'm spent...

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Last edited by Hakael at Apr 30, 2008,
hmm, you remind me of Arlabester.

i suggest you read some of his idiotic posts before pursuing for help.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
See what you think of the Rivera Knucklehead tre. Twin type cleans with a great hot side.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by FRDesign
I realize its a tube amp, its still trying to be other amps.

No, it's not, it's seperate preamp modules. You're misunderstanding what this amp is about.
Last edited by icronic at Apr 30, 2008,
You say you want a huge low end, so definitely stay away from the sing/dual/trip recs. The low end is loose as *****'s vagina on the recs. I'm not familiar with the Trem-O-Verb's, but they are supposed to be better. Honestly with 2 grand, I'd see if you can find like a Mark IV or like modernp said a Rivera K-Tre.
Quote by ninja23
If I were you, I would go with a JCM800, and a 1960 cab and some pedals.

To play Metal, like Bodom and KSE though, not modern enough I would think.
Quote by FRDesign
To play Metal, like Bodom and KSE though, not modern enough I would think.

Wouldn't that depend on the pedal though?
Quote by ninja23
Wouldn't that depend on the pedal though?
I want the amp to have good enough natural tube distortion that I would only have to boost it with an OD to tighten things up and not use a Distortion pedal. Plus JCM800s have NO cleans.

That being said, If I didn't play death metal and played like 80's thrash and stuff, I would get a JCM800.
excuse me? what do you mean JCM800s have no cleans?
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by Otsugua713
excuse me? what do you mean JCM800s have no cleans?

good cleans on a JCM800 is almost impossible, which only has 1 channel, and really sounds terrible at normal levels, and I cant crank a 50 or 100W tube amp.

A JCM800 is not the amp for me. Ive played like 3 of em before. I'm not looking for Marshall Crunch, I'm looking for Modern Metal.
Last edited by FRDesign at May 1, 2008,
okay i understand you wanting a modern voiced amp and that the JCM800 is not for you and i respect that....but that an amp only has one channel doesnt mean it doesnt have cleans...thats what your guitar's volume knob is for
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by Otsugua713
okay i understand you wanting a modern voiced amp and that the JCM800 is not for you and i respect that....but that an amp only has one channel doesnt mean it doesnt have cleans...thats what your guitar's volume knob is for
Yeah, I get that, but JCM800 cleans are pretty mediocre especially compared to Mesa Cleans.
Depending on the Mesa really, wont get specific here...but my deffense for the JCM800 was just because you said it had NO cleans at all