So, I am soon embarking for the mall, potentially to buy a new video game. I own an Xbox 360 and thinking of buying either Grand Theft Auto IV, Call of Duty 4, or Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition). Replay value is very important to me, as is a good story or good multiplayer. I'm leaning towards oblivion for a few reasons, one being that I really want to play it. Grand Theft Auto looks amazing, but I don't know if I'm up for another game of run this errand, assasinate this guy etc. like the previous games. Call of Duty I would play just for the multiplayer, but I normally don't enjoy army shooters, and have already played Halo 3 to death. Thoughts?

Oh and another factor is: Morrowind is on of my most favorite and most played games ever.
Quote by -Ryan-
So, I am soon embarking for the mall, potentially to buy a new video game. I own an Xbox 360 and thinking of buying either Grand Theft Auto IV, Call of Duty 4, or Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition). Replay value is very important to me, as is a good story or good multiplayer. I'm leaning towards oblivion for a few reasons, one being that I really want to play it. Grand Theft Auto looks amazing, but I don't know if I'm up for another game of run this errand, assasinate this guy etc. like the previous games. Call of Duty I would play just for the multiplayer, but I normally don't enjoy army shooters, and have already played Halo 3 to death. Thoughts?

Oh and another factor is: Morrowind is on of my most favorite and most played games ever.

Personally I'd get COD4 because all of my friends play it communally and it'd be fun to log on at night and play with a big group of friends. Otherwise it'd probably be somewhat boring. You can't do that with your other two options, however. I can't do it either because I'm a PC gamer and can't justify spending money on a console.
We're only strays.
COD4's single-player is pretty linear, and didn't take long to complete. That said, if you have the Gold Xbox Live and can play it online, it is fantastic.

GTA I can't comment on as I'm yet to own it darnit.

As for Oblivion, it seems a bit dull to me, but then I'm into slightly different RPG's...more into things like Fable, Jade Empire, KOTOR.
story=oblivion
multiplayer=COD4
replay=GTA IV
Quote by Vagabond21
I pull out, I hear this noise. It sounded like a trumpet, kazoo, and a fart. It felt like one of those dryers used in restrooms, on my dick. It was the largest queef known to man. I proceeded to say "Someone needs a queef muffler"
Quote by Don't Panic Ok?
Oblivion. No contest.

+1

Most gameplay by far, truly epic game.
i've put at least a good 60-70 hours on oblivion, and it was straight up amazing. cod4 is good for a few weeks, then it's just the same thing over and over. idk about GTAIV yet though..but it looks freakin sweet sooo i'd say oblivion or GTAIV
...why?
they are all good games.

COD4, is fast paced action with much smaller replay value.

GTA4 has 45hrs gameplay for the missions but i was still playing San Andreas up until last month - so replay is huge!

Oblivion is also brilliant but only if you like Lord Of The Rings-type epic gameplay rather than modern day action-shooters.
thanks guys, all great recommendations. I read most of them before i left for the mall, and so much good advice made it even harder!!! when i got there i was still split, but i figured i could always rent GTA, get a good rental out of it, then if i wanted buy it later. then it came down to COD4 and oblivion, and i flipped a coin. literally. and it came up heads: oblivion. i will probably eventually play all games, but for now i just got this one. thanks everyone for your input!
I doubt your gonna find GTAIV. That being said, GET IT ITS AWESOME lmao

if you cant find that then get COD4
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
If you like Morrowind, get Oblivion.

No. If you like Morrowind, keep playing it. In my opinion it's a superior game to Oblivion.
------------------
i own GTA IV and Cod4, and you wont get bored with either, and i've been thinking of picking up oblivion for a while, i dont think you can go wrong with your choices
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
GTA IV is absolutely mind-blowingly good. Then again, so are the other two. And I never intended to play single-player CoD4, but seriously? It is amazing. And I love Oblivion too. In fact, they are probably IMO the best 3 games available right now for either PS3 (which I have) or 360 (which my neighbour has and I play often).

If I had to choose just one, it would be GTA IV. And don't worry about that concern you have, after a couple of hours of missions they start to get crazy awesome. And every part of the game puts San Andreas to shame (and consider that was my favourite game until I bought CoD4).

Oblivion takes a lot of hours too, even more than GTA. But for me, while I love it, it's not quite as action-packed at times as I would have liked. On the other hand, CoD4 is a bit short, although it makes up for that with the multiplayer.

But GTA? It is just so good. They have thought of everything. I spent about half an hour today just watching some of the in-game TV shows, they are so funny.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.