Does anyone have opinions on these pick ups?

Seymour Duncan:
Custom 5
JB Model

All would be in the bridge position.

Dimarzio:
True Velvet Neck Pickup (One of the few Dimarzio's I liked)

Lace:
The light blue or blue sensors...

The Dimarzio or lace would go in the neck, the seymour in the bridge.

I'm new at this, so is there anything I have to know? Can you just mix and match? Is there lik electrical stuff you have to know and can't overdo? Help me out. Thanks!
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Last edited by FoolOnThePlanet at Apr 30, 2008,
the blue lace sensor sounds amazing
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
it all depends on what you want to sound like. Different pickups make very different tones. As far as wiring, the only limit is do not mix active and passive pickups, it sounds lousy!
All that you mentioned are passive so they can go together. Read the leaflets that come with the pickups if you mix brands. Different companies use different color schemes on their pickups. I.E. The hot on a Seymore is black, black on a Dimarzio is ground
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
a duncan jazz i think is a neck pickup but as for the rest, i'd go witht the custom 5
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
... and what kind of guitar do you have and what music do you play?

I have a new JB now but am swapping for Custom Custom using Duncan's return policy. Too bright and not enough beef.

I take it you have been to Duncan's site and listened to the demos and reviewed the Tone Chart? can't speak to the neck pups.

;
Yeah, sorry about not mentioning the guitar or what I play.

The guitar is an HSS strat. I play a lot, but mainly rock, alternative, indie, classic. I don't want too much output. I play VERY little metal. For the neck I want a nice blues and solo tone. For the bridge, I just want a versatile tone. I want the overall sound to be bright.

thanks.

EDIT: Lemme just reiterate...I don't want high impedance or high output pickups. I think. I'm that clueless, but I'm pretty sure those are more for heavier stuff? I play very little really heavy stuff, the heaviest I go is like Nirvana.

Reading about these, the SD's at least, they are hot pick ups. Will they suit my needs, should I look elsewhere? THe stock Fender HB is great for me, just tone wise I'm sure it can be better, and that's what i'm looking for, better tone, but same output as a stock Fender.
Thanks!

Also, as for the neck, my stock Fender Neck pink up buzzes/hums. Will a lace sensor cure that?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
you just have to re-pot it, you dont have to get a new pickup. if you like the sound of it then just re-pot it or something.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
I've decided on a Light Blue Lace SEnsor in the Neck, keeping the mid stock, and putting a SD '59 in the Bridge.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
Yeah, sorry about not mentioning the guitar or what I play.

The guitar is an HSS strat. I play a lot, but mainly rock, alternative, indie, classic. I don't want too much output. I play VERY little metal. For the neck I want a nice blues and solo tone. For the bridge, I just want a versatile tone. I want the overall sound to be bright.

thanks.

EDIT: Lemme just reiterate...I don't want high impedance or high output pickups. I think. I'm that clueless, but I'm pretty sure those are more for heavier stuff? I play very little really heavy stuff, the heaviest I go is like Nirvana.

Reading about these, the SD's at least, they are hot pick ups. Will they suit my needs, should I look elsewhere? THe stock Fender HB is great for me, just tone wise I'm sure it can be better, and that's what i'm looking for, better tone, but same output as a stock Fender.
Thanks!

Also, as for the neck, my stock Fender Neck pink up buzzes/hums. Will a lace sensor cure that?

Custom 5 all the way, or maybe a Pearly Gates...steer well clear of the JB.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I liked the Custom 5, but it seems a little too high output for me. The '59 seems about right.

What's wrong with the JB?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
I liked the Custom 5, but it seems a little too high output for me. The '59 seems about right.

What's wrong with the JB?

Doesn't do what you want, very high output and a bit too squally and shreddy for what you want. The Custom 5 isn't all that hot, it's more crunchy than anything.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com