i have a shecter tempest custom, and was wondering if i should replace the volume pots and the input? do those have effect in sound at all, and the reason im wanting to do this is if they use cheap parts on it or not, it doesnt seem like they do im just wondering.
Love to see you change the input on a guitar. there aint one. there's an output.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
output jack. follow the direction the signal travels and it will explain what each connection is.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
What? dude, what are you talking about lol, im asking if you replace these with better ones if you can get a better sound, or even if it effects it.
i know you can get more highs if you use 500k pots instead of 250k. you might already have 500k since you have a humbucker guitar though. i dont know
replacing your output jack will do next to nothing. as long as all the connections are solid replacing it won't change the audio signal at all.

like chea said, changing the values of the pots can change your sound a bit, and changing your capacitors can have a difference. But between a ****ty output and a nice output and suff like that it wont really make a difference.

You could get some nice CTS pots, which doesn't change your sound but gives you more controls of the levels of tone or volume
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by funguy
Love to see you change the input on a guitar. there aint one. there's an output.

Pickups = input. Smarty.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Quote by Leat
Pickups = input. Smarty.

well yes that is the input on a guitar. never thought of it that way. lol
GEAR:
Marshall AVT 50x
its easier to fiddle with your sound by using an eq pedal instead of changing pots and caps all the time