Alright!

Basically I want to start recording on my laptop and have been perusing the internet and found a wealth of information. Basically my question is simple.

I have a Boss ME-50 with a MIDI input so would it be better to:
a) Plug the ME-50 into my laptop via the MIDI input into my soundcard directly or
b) Go Guitar-->ME-50-->Audio Interface-->Laptop thereby bypassing my soundcard and getting better quality sound.

I know one's cheaper than the other what I'm really looking for is Pros and Cons of each choice

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
my guess is B. In fact, Im not sure MIDI actually translates sound, so I'm not sure if A will work. Have you tried?
Guitar & Bass
Quote by Hosscat
my guess is B. In fact, Im not sure MIDI actually translates sound, so I'm not sure if A will work. Have you tried?

There's that, and I'm sure the me 50 doesn't have a MIDI out, and most stock laptops don't have MIDI in. I'd go with option B.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau