I'm going to be working this summer, and with some of the cash I was thinking about buying this pedal:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/product/reviews/base_pid=151096/rpp=10/

I've got a few questions though:

Do any of you own it? If so, what are your thoughts?

The reviews for it were great, but it said it drains battery power fast. However, I guess there's a cord you can buy instead of having to waste a ton of batteries, so I was wondering where would this cord normally go in an amp? And also, what is the average price for this cord?

Thanks for all your help
Well.. I my self have never played this bass wah, but i can tell you Timmy C from Rage Against the Machine uses this one and u can watch videos of him playing it live and it sounds sick. GO to Youtube and type in Rage Against the Machine-War Within a breathe (Live at the Grand Olympic) that will give u some idea of how this thing sounds. As for ur power source just buy ur regular old 9v adapter it might run u like 15 bucks but hey its worth it in the long run not buying all those batteries.
Quote by A Poe
Well.. I my self have never played this bass wah, but i can tell you Timmy C from Rage Against the Machine uses this one and u can watch videos of him playing it live and it sounds sick. GO to Youtube and type in Rage Against the Machine-War Within a breathe (Live at the Grand Olympic) that will give u some idea of how this thing sounds. As for ur power source just buy ur regular old 9v adapter it might run u like 15 bucks but hey its worth it in the long run not buying all those batteries.

Actually, it isn't any old 9V adaptor. Most pedals are built to take a centre pin negative adaptor. Ask when you buy it, and then get an adaptor with the correct specs. A bad adaptor will destroy the pedal's circuitary.

Another brand to consider in choosing a wah is Morley. I personallyliked the Dual Bass Wah, but I'm no wah expert. Just try as many as you can.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I just got one and so far I really like it. It wont suck down batteries if you remember to unplug it when your not using it, plus an adapter is only like 10 bucks. If you order off the internet order from http://www.theperfectbass.com/ its cheaper than musciansfriend
I played one. it was good. it is relatively reliable.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Miss G
I just got one and so far I really like it. It wont suck down batteries if you remember to unplug it when your not using it, plus an adapter is only like 10 bucks. If you order off the internet order from http://www.theperfectbass.com/ its cheaper than musciansfriend

Does The Perfect Bass ship to Canada?
never used the dunlop, but the snarling dogs Bootsy Collins Signature bass wah is pretty kickass. the fuzz button on it is a useless feature, but it's pure wah setting is amazing
Traben Array
2x Tech21 Sansamp RBI Bass preamps
450w Power Amp
2x Gallien-Krueger 410
-
Handmade nylon-string classical guitar
-
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Line 6 Spider 2 250w combo
-
Various Lee Oskar and Honer harmonicas
-
Yamaha YPT-310
The 105Q is pretty good. My guitar player though it would be too over the top, but changing up the Q knob makes it actually very useable in a rock setting. I got mine for $60 so I'm gonna say it was a good investment.

As for powering the pedal, check this out:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Visual-Sound-1-Spot-Combo-Pack?sku=150373

You can power tons of pedals from it, and it works with the 105Q. I say get it. People say the fact that it automatically turns off is a turn off, but I like it. I don't have to worry about stomping down on it. And I kept the turn off delay on mine so if I accidentally go to heel down, I can get out of it before it turns off. Oh yeah, and in toe down, you basically have a treble cut, which can make do for a quick tone change.

Hoped all that made sense.
I'd really recommend the Morley bass wah instead. I tried both and I have now got one of the Morleys. Killer tone, lots of low end, nice big bass for stability and a larger rocker than the crybaby. Also it has no switch (i hate those), once the pedal is down its on, and you just take your foot off and the wah is off.
with referance to the adapter issue, A cheap multi adapter does my zoom pedal, it cost, like £3 or something out of one of these shops that sell plastic household goods and stuff, (you know the one's i mean?) you have to make sure you set it up with the correct ending, voltage and polarity.

Or (if you're gigging with it this might be a better option) get a recharger and two 9v rechargable batteries, and use them on circulation: more expensive up front, but it'll save you alot of time, effort and frustration getting disposables in the future.
Quote by to_the_grave
I'd really recommend the Morley bass wah instead. I tried both and I have now got one of the Morleys. Killer tone, lots of low end, nice big bass for stability and a larger rocker than the crybaby. Also it has no switch (i hate those), once the pedal is down its on, and you just take your foot off and the wah is off.

You know, the Crybaby does that too...

But, I guess in the end it comes down to personal preference.