Hey everyone, I just received a Morley Pro Volume Pedal that I bought on ebay, and plugged it in to test it out. It works great as a volume pedal, but I noticed that there is a significant volume drop when my guitar is run through the pedal to the amp vs. straight to the amp. I was wondering if there is something wrong with the pedal, or is this just a characteristic of this pedal?

Thanks!
Quote by Dave_Mc
less headroom than the windsor head? what, does it distort before you plug it in?

Take a multimeter and measure the resistance between the input and output. If it's a passive volume pedal it won't suck tone per se (unless it uses crappy components), only volume and then only if there is noticeable resistance across the circuit when the pedal is all the way forward.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Put a brighter LED in it. I'm serious

Edit: Wait no.. Volume goes up as the thing blocks the light from the LDR.. ermm.. Or is it the other way round? Toe down = more light?
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Apr 30, 2008,
Quote by Kendall
Take a multimeter and measure the resistance between the input and output. If it's a passive volume pedal it won't suck tone per se (unless it uses crappy components), only volume and then only if there is noticeable resistance across the circuit when the pedal is all the way forward.

It's not passive though.. I'll try that next time I'm down in the studio and have access to a multimeter though.

And I mistyped the title, I meant volume suck*** If the guitar is plugged straight into the amp, it is much louder than if it is run through the pedal, even when the pedal is all the way up.
Quote by Dave_Mc
less headroom than the windsor head? what, does it distort before you plug it in?

Maybe the battery is just low, then?
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay