Page 1 of 2
Ok so I'm really getting fed up with this afro that I have. I never wanted it, but my hair just grows naturally that way. My nickname has become G-Fro which is really annoying so I really want to get rid of my fro and get a better hair style. I can't grow my hair long like I wanted to (it just grows up to make an afro) and I can't straighten it. I know you guys aren't hair stylists and I'm probably going to regret asking the pit, but I don't know anything about hair and all the constant comments about my fro are starting to get annoying.

I was thinking maybe I could get dreads...
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Shave please. We need a holocaust where the intended target is people with dreads, so no..
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Get a hair cut.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Get a hair cut.

It ends up looking worse when I get it short.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
I had long hair for most of my life. I shaved it off and it grew into an afro now

I am currently growing it long to see if the afro disappears. It is just growing larger.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
nobody called clapton e-fro when he had an afro
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
Fire.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Dreads or a Hawk, Mayby a Bihawk? I donno I've had the same hair for like 15 years, it's too late to change.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Wylde
nobody called clapton e-fro when he had an afro

See the strange thing is my name doesn't begin with a G. I have no idea where G-Fro came from.
Quote by StrokeMidnight
See the strange thing is my name doesn't begin with a G. I have no idea where G-Fro came from.

G... probably when black folk are like "YO WHAT UP G"

Soo... you can go from there.
They should call you A-fro.

''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
I straighten my hair

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
Quote by Kensai
Fire.

When one of my friends said G-Fro today I said, "You know what, I'm gonna change my hairstyle. My new style is gonna be fire."

Coincidence you said that.

EDIT: How do I make a poll after I've already made a thread?
we need to see pics. if it's really THAT bad, we'll tell you. otherwise, afros are pretty much the ****.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
shave it all off and start again. thats what i did. (i didnt have an afro in the first place thought, and someone has told me he thinks my hair hasnt grown back properly)
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I just wear a hat. At work I put lots of styling **** in it and it chills out.
Quote by metaldud536
Fro hat would be cooler. You have a hahir style and a hat at the same time!

that made my day dude!!!
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
How do I add a poll?
is the outcome of a poll really going to effect your decision, if so you put too much faith in the UG general population
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
I've got some pics...I edited out my face and put a smiley face there instead.

Trying to decide whether I should put em up. Don't want 4chan to make some gag out of it that spreads through the internet.
^ If your face doesn't show it doesn't matter.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by StrokeMidnight
I've got some pics...I edited out my face and put a smiley face there instead.

Trying to decide whether I should put em up. Don't want 4chan to make some gag out of it that spreads through the internet.

As if 4chan is the only site that makes fun of people. If you have your face covered, it shouldn't matter. Besides, it would be an honor if 4chan captioned your pic.
Quote by metaldud536
Gaia-fro
Guy-fro
Gay-fro ?

Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Is there any way to straighten curly hair without getting it chemically straightened. I'm really pissed off at my hair right now.
Quote by metaldud536
Fro hat would be cooler. You have a hahir style and a hat at the same time!

Oh.. wow...

haha
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by StrokeMidnight
Is there any way to straighten curly hair without getting it chemically straightened. I'm really pissed off at my hair right now.

Shampoo for relaxing of curly hair eg frizz ease.

Blow dry in a downwards motion using a frizz ease/any other brand heat protection + straightening spray.

Clip into sections and straighten each section with ceramic plated straightening irons. Takes no more than 45 minutes in total.
Quote by StrokeMidnight
Don't hide your curls. Us guys with curly hair have to stick together.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
when my friend got dreads he had to sit in a chair for 5 hours getting his hair pulled at but they look cool
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.

-Timothy Leary
Page 1 of 2