Sine I want to put a wilkinson trem on my squier, I'd like to know how deep I should drill the outer holes.

On a second note, I'd like to find a radiused/slotted graphite or trem saver nut in 9.5" radius. BUT: I can't.

Help is appreciated.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at May 1, 2008,
Cheap fret file never heard of such a thing. Good tools cost money cheap ones dont last long. So end up costing more than just buying a good one. I think your SOL on the nut for your squire. They only have the standard 7 1/2 radius for some reason. So you will need to learn to make your own or find somebody who can shape one for you. Not really an issue for me being lefty only way to get one is make from a blank.
I'ma look around for a graphite nut that is pre-slotted.

And what do I know, I find one radiused on warmoth. I think I'll cut it myself. I think I'll buy a set of graphite string trees and locking tuners as well.

Another question: how deep should I drill for the wilkinson trem studs?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Apr 30, 2008,
nobody knows about the wilkinson trem studs?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden