I play hard rock/metal/heavy metal so the Seymour Duncan Invader should fit me just fine, but I'm not sure for one, where to put the Invader, in bridge or neck, two if I should just get two Invaders, 3 to get a combination such as a Seymour Duncan Active Blackout, or to go with something completely different.
Also, I was considering buying the Synyster Custom if I could afford it, think it would be a good idea? Not for like gigs or anything of course, but for practice or showing off to my friends would it be a good idea? And, what's the worst differences between the Synyster Custom and the Synyster Standard?
What pickups/guitars in your opinion have the crunchiest, thickest lows and clearest sharpest highs that pick up on pinch harmonics easily?
I'm going for an Avenged Sevenfold/Bullet For My Valentine kind of tone/sound.
Also, I saw some person saying that they used a Line 6 TonePort GX USB Recording Interface and it was the greatest thing they've ever used, better than any Marshall, Krank, Line 6, or Peavey product they've ever used, and it's really cheap. What's your opinion on that?
You can't combine an active and a passive....well, you could, but MAN what a workout to install...... anyways

The invader is decent, but the blackouts will blow any passive out of the water....

EMG's are the way to go in actives though...
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
the difference is wood floyd rose pickups name and neck style
My Stuff:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson straps
Dunlop straplok
Planet wave cables
Zoom multi effects
Quote by The_Boogeyman
I play hard rock/metal/heavy metal so the Seymour Duncan Invader should fit me just fine, but I'm not sure for one, where to put the Invader, in bridge or neck, two if I should just get two Invaders, 3 to get a combination such as a Seymour Duncan Active Blackout, or to go with something completely different.
Also, I was considering buying the Synyster Custom if I could afford it, think it would be a good idea? Not for like gigs or anything of course, but for practice or showing off to my friends would it be a good idea? And, what's the worst differences between the Synyster Custom and the Synyster Standard?
What pickups/guitars in your opinion have the crunchiest, thickest lows and clearest sharpest highs that pick up on pinch harmonics easily?
I'm going for an Avenged Sevenfold/Bullet For My Valentine kind of tone/sound.
Also, I saw some person saying that they used a Line 6 TonePort GX USB Recording Interface and it was the greatest thing they've ever used, better than any Marshall, Krank, Line 6, or Peavey product they've ever used, and it's really cheap. What's your opinion on that?

I'd just get 2 Blackouts. Apparently they sound a bit less sterile than EMG's.

On the topic of a Toneport: That plugs into a computer, and is used for recording. BUT: it isn't a tube amp of Peavey/Marshall/Mesa quality.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Here they are:

Custom:
- Mahogany
- Original Floyd
- Seymour Duncans Invaders I think(not designed)
- Neck-thru

Standrd:
- Mahogany
- Licenced Floyd
- Duncan designed
- Bolt-on neck
My Stuff:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson straps
Dunlop straplok
Planet wave cables
Zoom multi effects
Well I can only really help with the toneport question, sorry. Anyway...it will most likely get what you need done and its fairly easy to use. Overall I would get it if you want to spend a very small amount of money. Its not bad but its not amazingly great. Or it may just be me
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.