alright so about a month ago my dog began to pick up the habit of chewing on things while i'm away, particularly plastic things. I find this strange, seeing as he's nearly seven years of age now and has never done this before. would anybody happen to have any idea of the reasons behind this sudden behavioral change?
he's probably lonely. some dogs become very dependant and they crave you being there to love them
Quote by reaume140
drugs

+1

Check his bed for spliffs and needles. Seriously, if he's been hanging around with dodgy dogs, they might have peer pressured him into heroin or something. He probably just has the munchies.
You should put hot hot sauce on the things he likes to chew on. Thats what we used to do with my cat years ago. He'd chew on the corners of books.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Quote by blue_strat

Check his bed for spliffs and needles. Seriously, if he's been hanging around with dodgy dogs, they might have peer pressured him into heroin or something. He probably just has the munchies.

LULZ
When i die, i wanna be burried upside down...so that anybody who doesnt like me can kiss my ass.

marilize leguana!
Just hide all pastic stuff lying about then?
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Quote by zorched
You should put hot hot sauce on the things he likes to chew on. Thats what we used to do with my cat years ago. He'd chew on the corners of books.

I tried that with my dog and she actually liked it ... put your dog in a plastic bubble and hope he doesnt eat it.
Doggy pica?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I'm gonna go with heroine on this.

Your dog is chewing plastic because he thinks it is food.

He's on a comedown from brown sugar.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by AvengedThrice
I'm gonna go with heroine on this.

Your dog is chewing plastic because he thinks it is food.

He's on a comedown from brown sugar.

Oh lawdz, not the brown sugah. Honey, you gots to do somethin bout that!
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
try giving your dog some extra attention and affection. I know that helps a lot with my dogs and the dogs I've taken care of.
my dog used to do that. when we would leave we would cage him up in the bathroom and put newspaper down for him. when we would come back it would all be torn to shreds. he just gets real lonely when you arent there.

plus for the plastic, my dogs favorite thing ever is chewing on a gallon milk jug. he can sing his teeth in it and it makes crinkling noises when he chews on it.

he should grow out of it.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by lespaulrocks39
Oh lawdz, not the brown sugah. Honey, you gots to do somethin bout that!

Also, TS, you think you have issues?

MY DOG USED TO SHIT, EAT IT, THEN FUCKING LICK ME.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..