Hey, weve been ryin to find a bassist and drummer for ages. Finally we contact a bass guitar teacher who gives us 5 numbers of bass players who might be intrested. Out of the first 4 none of the pple had time or guts or who knows wat.

So we call the 5th guy and he ses he's intrested PLUS he knows a drummer. I mean me (lead Guitar) and the other guitarist (rythm) are soooooo happy and arrange for us all to meet tomoro (thursday 1st may) and today (WTF?????) the bassist calls us one day before the meeting to say that he isnt ready to be in a band and i suppose the drummer isnt either!!!

why do u think they cancelled, maybe they were scared coz we were stranger? or they are tellin the truth?

anyway plx help us with this quesion and also we need advice on findin a drummer and bass player, theres only 1 thing we havnt tried and that's advertising in local newspaper. (cant advertise in a music shop coz the closest one is quite far away and most pple hoo go there live rlly far away!

Sry for the wall of text,
any replies would be apreaciated.
ask for musicians on here that live close to there and on other websites if you live in alabama i know like three bassists who really want to be in a band they probbally were just scared cuz they had weak skills
Quote by thedefrockednun
we live like 3 million miles away from alabama
we live in Hungary

well i don't know what the music scene is like there, but I'd say go ahead and advertise in the paper. Post fliers in restaurants and places a lot of people go. Post one in that music store, chances are if you're going there then more people in your area also go there, no?
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Some of my friends post ads like in their schools or their colleges... and some of the guys that study in the same music academy as me paste some ads in the classrooms...
Check Craigs list there's tons of people on there, it's also kinda a gamble cuz they might be a rapist, but surprisingly a lot of people are so desperate to find other musicians that they post on there. Also I understand your frustration when people back out of joining your band. It's happened quite often to me, and you really don't know the circumstances maybe they had a legit reason they couldn't join or maybe they're just assholes, but who knows, musicians are a strange bunch aren't we?
flier everwhere online/school/music stores/record stores/cafe's/bars, go to local gigs get to know other local musicians when you start hanging round with bands everyone knows someone whos looking for a new band.

an just keep writing material untill you find someone
Quote by thedefrockednun
Hey, weve been ryin to find a bassist and drummer for ages. Finally we contact a bass guitar teacher who gives us 5 numbers of bass players who might be intrested. Out of the first 4 none of the pple had time or guts or who knows wat.

So we call the 5th guy and he ses he's intrested PLUS he knows a drummer. I mean me (lead Guitar) and the other guitarist (rythm) are soooooo happy and arrange for us all to meet tomoro (thursday 1st may) and today (WTF?????) the bassist calls us one day before the meeting to say that he isnt ready to be in a band and i suppose the drummer isnt either!!!

why do u think they cancelled, maybe they were scared coz we were stranger? or they are tellin the truth?

anyway plx help us with this quesion and also we need advice on findin a drummer and bass player, theres only 1 thing we havnt tried and that's advertising in local newspaper. (cant advertise in a music shop coz the closest one is quite far away and most pple hoo go there live rlly far away!

Sry for the wall of text,
any replies would be apreaciated.

I think what probably happened is that the bassist was interested but didn't want to join a band full of strangers on his own, which is why he mentioned the drummer to you, then when he asked the drummer, the drummer wasn't interested so the bassist said to himself, 'Well if he's not joining them, neither am I!' because bassists are like sheep.

As far as finding musicians, advertise anywhere and everywhere you can possibly think of.
Music shop notice boards, music venue notice boards, hell any notice board within a 10 mile radius of where you are.
Fly posters, web sites, especialy ones that are based local to you, local press.
Try 'em all.
You'll get someone eventualy.