hey, so i just got this guitar center rebate in the mail, and my birthday is coming up

so im in the market for a distortion pedal, i really dont have a budget and im willing to spend like 250-300 if its really worth it.

The only problem is that i have to get it at guitarcenter(ihave the rebate), so try not to reccomend me anything boutique,, if you have an idea of a pedal (boutique) thats amazing give me your opinion.

Im also looking for a delay , i was thinking maybe the new mxr one , or boss dd3

my styles of music are more blues oriented, but im looking for a pedal, that will push my amp into harder rock (oh yea dont reccomend me a ts9/808 i already have one)
Im looking for a british voiced pedal, that cna get me some marshall/orange esq tone.
Have you guys hear the song the pretender? you know that hard overdrive of the lead guitarist? thats the tone im shooting for.

also i would like a pedal with a lot of headroom , do you kno what i mean?
my current gear is in the sig

THANKS
Gear:

Fender Blues Junior
MIM Standard Strat
EVH Phaser
535 q dunlop wah
modded ts9
E.H. Pulsuar Tremelo
Homemade truebypass box
a little bit of jesus
Try the MXR distortion III. It's pretty versatile from what I've heard, so it could probably swing the british tone your loooking for.
Blackstone Appliances Mosfet Overdrive
Diamond Memory Lane w/ 8th note mod

NOW for something at GC...
MXR Distortion III
MXR Carbon Copy or DD-3/6/7

to bad about MXR's terrible buffering
well the mi audio crunchbox is voiced like marshall amps and can get good amounts of gain. though im not sure if they cell it at gc, as ive never seen one there. i usually dont buy pedals at gc, so im the wrong person to ask about that. as for delay i really like the line 6 dl 4, very versatile and sounds pretty good. if you want something nicer sounding you should go analog and get an mxr carbon copy or EHX DMM. ive never heard the song the pretender though. another pedal you can try out would be the radial tonebone hot plexi drive.. i think thats what its called i only heard its a good pedal, never played it before though.
Zvex Box of Rock = Marshall JTM45 in a box. I watched the video, they demoed it right next to a JTM and everything. :O Or you might like an OD rather than a distortion. In which case the Fulltone OCD or Fulldrive might be nice.

If you're looking for blues/rockish delay, you're probably gonna like a nice analog delay with good slapback and short delays and won't be needing too many features. So I'd recommend the Ibanez AD-9, the Maxon AD-999, or the MXR Carbon Copy.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
hey, just a comment about the ds1 i would like to steer away from that, i already have a ds2 (and i know they are not the same) but i would like to steer clear of the boss pedals for now, and go for somehting a bit more higher end

Thanks
Gear:

Fender Blues Junior
MIM Standard Strat
EVH Phaser
535 q dunlop wah
modded ts9
E.H. Pulsuar Tremelo
Homemade truebypass box
a little bit of jesus
You'll likely not find one at GC, but how about an old Sovtek Big Muff (the green one, hopefully)? You could get some beautiful distortion with that, combined with your Tubescreamer to boost it....
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
wait, I remember Zachary Vex posting on Harmony Central that ZVex pedals are now available at GC.

In which case, for God's sake, buy a Box of Rock!
Quote by colin617
wait, I remember Zachary Vex posting on Harmony Central that ZVex pedals are now available at GC.

In which case, for God's sake, buy a Box of Rock!

The Vexter Box of Rock and Fuzz Factory are available at GC. The BoR would be great for the OP's needs.
I played the Tonebone radials last night and was very, very impressed. Very versatile, fat tones.

As far as analog delays go: I picked up a Boss RE-20 Space Echo a couple months ago and am really digging on it, especially since I didn't have any reverb capability before.
Box o Rock sucka
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
english muffin and deluxe memory man, both electro harmonix, both EXACTLY what you are looking for, both fit the budget about right, both absolutely amazing, both available at most guitar centers. presto. but yeah also try the box of rock from zvex if your GC has it. but the english muffin is what you are looking for.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
people rave about the rat so much, but i built a BYOC rat clone and really didnt like it that much. it seemed to fit in a place that wasnt tubescreamer, wasnt shredmeister, wasnt big muff, wasnt metal muff, wasnt actual cranked power tube saturation and really just sort of bland. but i havent tried it through the orange yet. maybe a high powered amp will let it shine. the BYOC clone does have some interesting variations with the rotary switch though for some Od tones as well. i liked the turbo rat setting the best i think.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by fishpimp
I played the Tonebone radials last night and was very, very impressed. Very versatile, fat tones.

As far as analog delays go: I picked up a Boss RE-20 Space Echo a couple months ago and am really digging on it, especially since I didn't have any reverb capability before.

Was it necessary to bump this thread?
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
^There's been some simply silly necroing going on lately.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by DiMeTiMe
-Guyatone Metal Monster (tube dist. pedal)

-Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhen (guess )

Lol, you've already posted in this thread, suggesting the Metal Monster.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X