Is this amp better for metal or classic rock?

Because I read a review that said he could get a metal tone but not a clean classic rock tone...

Is this amp just as good for classic rock as it is metal?
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
everything iv seen says that its better for classic rock,
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
from what i've seen and played its a pretty versatile lower end tube amp. great for the money
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
It can do classic rock but its more modern voiced and also not british.. So yes it can be done but if your looking for a Marshall type classic rock tone it might be a stretch...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
It can do classic rock but its more modern voiced and also not british.. So yes it can be done but if your looking for a Marshall type classic rock tone it might be a stretch...

Well, im starting to like joe satriani. But I do like true classic rock like Beatles, Thin Lizzy, Rush. I also like megadeth and metallica type stuff for when i get better.

I dont know what amp i should get...
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
VK+Speaker swap is good.

I hate to keep saying this

See Sig.

huh...

you said get VK and ur telling me to look at peavy valveking samples?

EDIT: Nevermind, i see what you're saying
wait...what? lol

anywayz if your looking for a versatile tube amp and you only got 400 bucks, a valveking would be a good choice. I almost got one but I went with the b-52 instead, preference really....
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
If you want a BETTER classic rock sound coming out of the amp. Get the Peavey C30
Quote by esp1234
If you want a BETTER classic rock sound coming out of the amp. Get the Peavey C30

that would be my choice but 600$ is too much for me.

What about the Marshall MG50DFX
^
Um, don't bother going for any Marshall MG. (crappy SS)

You could go used, and get a PV C30 for $300 to $400

or maybe a Blackheart HD?
im told the VK with a tube-screamer pedal is great for metal, nice and deep and heavy...
with a Bad Monkey pedal, it does metal, but has more of a vintage feel...
i have a monkey, and am looking at buying a VK212, so i'll keep ya posted...
if you want the classic rock, maybe do the 112 with a Bad Monkey? might be just what youre looking for...thats if youre puttin boost to it....dunno...
The VK can definitely do metal on it's own, but a nice overdrive can help tighten it up. An EQ pedal works wonders too.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Rounder01

you almost stepped on a land mine with that one!

i got mine for $409 which ain't bad for new. this amp can do lots of different styles in a good way but not a great way...but what can you expect for 400. Bartdevil's clips give a good representation. i haven't upgraded speaker or preamp tubes like some of these guys so looking forward to the day i can do that to see what gives.

i almost convinced myself the other night that i was getting a Fender Blues Jr sound...and then i woke up. ha

;
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
you almost stepped on a land mine with that one!

i got mine for $409 which ain't bad for new. this amp can do lots of different styles in a good way but not a great way...but what can you expect for 400. Bartdevil's clips give a good representation. i haven't upgraded speaker or preamp tubes like some of these guys so looking forward to the day i can do that to see what gives.

i almost convinced myself the other night that i was getting a Fender Blues Jr sound...and then i woke up. ha

;

+1

Got the head for 20% off and no tax.. Was a good starting point.

Whats funny is when i listen to clips now you can tell right away its a valveking. Even if they dont post the model of the amp... They do have there own signature tone to them..
Quote by bartdevil_metal
VK+Speaker swap is good.

I hate to keep saying this

See Sig.

whats a speaker swap?
Quote by alexcp94
whats a speaker swap?

swapping out the stock speaker for a better one

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Quote by Rounder01

NEVER get a mg they r the crappiest amp EVER
the valveking s good with a good eq pedal. i would also recomend the peavy windsor
its a 100 watt half stack for onlt 400$ on musicians friend