Hi!~ My cousin has been planning on buying a POD Pocket and he came to me for suggestion about the pros and cons of this products, since i really haven't ever tried it (i had a POD XT once but that's all, i was really happy with it btw hehe) i want to know about the people in here that had actually played it or own it.

Can you use it live (say for small gigs and etc) or just for practice in the house?
I know you can have 300 presets in the little guy, but can you have the quantity you want like X effects and X amp models like in the XT version?
Any other thing you want to add about it?

I would really appreciate your comment and input on this product sooooooooooo, cya for now hehe~~
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
I have the pocket POD. Versatile. Quite. Virtually infinite possibilities for sounds. The only bad things are that you can't switch sounds like you would with a pedal; you have to use your fingers and it's not convenient. I partially got around this by saving preset tones in the user banks in the order I want to use them, and just had to hit one button to switch it. It does the job, mostly. The other thing is that it has short battery life so get the DC adapter for it.
i had one and i loved it. had to trade it in on my tiny terror amp though...
Thank you please.
nice, i want to know also, is it way too digitalish sounding or you can get the sound of like an analog pedal?

My cousin is sooo up with this and hes getting it this Saturday btw hehe~!

How do these things work? I hear people saying that it's good for playing with headphones but running it through the amp doesnt sound so great?
it is quite a digital sound, but its a good digital sound... for the price, you arent going to get close to an analogue pedal sound from it but its the range of tones on offer that makes it a gem. 300 built in and something like 5000 more on their website.

sounds good through headphones with amp models on and good through an amp with amp models turned off. the amp modelling seems to interfere with your amp somewhat.

however, for the price, its fantastic.
Thank you please.
Thanks guys, i think even i am getting one xD

Its pretty cool about the amp models and stuff since im probable going to be playing mostly with just the PP, i am only owning a bass guitar amp atm but planning to get something better and also a better guitar >.< (squier bullet strat, not the best but you can get quite the stuff outta it haha).

But thinking about it, having all on the same level at your amp and then setting an amp model on the PP would actually make it sound good that you say 0.0 then EQ it at the PP i think it SHOULD sound good but well i will get to play with it this saturday when he buys it xD.

Ew hell no.
I like my microcube way more.
(LOL no it isn't my standard amp.. I'm just saying)

I have a POD 2.0 and it sucks clearly.
I have fiddled with it every which way, tried like every distortion amp model, several cabinets..
the thing really isn't so great.

You can get okay distortion for chords and such but single notes are so flat and thin it sounds horrible.
A pocket pod is even a lower model so it has to be worse.

I heard the POD XT Live was great but judging from the POD 2.0 I don't see how it could be such a big upgrade.

I'd avoid the pocket pod.

edit:
oh and line6, yes.. it is VERY digital.
no warmth at all, sounds awful.. unless all you play are 5ths (power chords) then stay away from it.
kinda weird that your name is line 6 and you dont own anything from...............line 6.

anyhow, i have a pocket pod. you can only use 1 effect at a time, except for the preset two effect section. But you can have delay and any other effect.
Pocket pod is great for headphones, computer speakers and wired into my car stereo( yep that rocks), but on my amp......BOOOOOOOOOOO!
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
There is a extremely good reason why modelers in general sound bad through amps. The reson is the preamp of the amp you plug it into is messing with the sound from the modeller. Try plugging it into an amp with an effects loop and plug into the effects return rather than the preamp instrument in and you will see vastly better results.

Pocket pod is basically a shrunk pod 2.0 which is now 2 generation old so dont expect amazing results. Frankly the cost of the XT/XT live is not that much more than a new pocket pod and id take an XT over a pocket/pod 2 any day. Loads more effects which can be run how yo see fit and many many more amp and cab models. XT live is prefered as it comes with more models as standard. normal xt owners have to buy these model packs separatly.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by halikus
There is a extremely good reason why modelers in general sound bad through amps. The reson is the preamp of the amp you plug it into is messing with the sound from the modeller. Try plugging it into an amp with an effects loop and plug into the effects return rather than the preamp instrument in and you will see vastly better results.

Pocket pod is basically a shrunk pod 2.0 which is now 2 generation old so dont expect amazing results. Frankly the cost of the XT/XT live is not that much more than a new pocket pod and id take an XT over a pocket/pod 2 any day. Loads more effects which can be run how yo see fit and many many more amp and cab models. XT live is prefered as it comes with more models as standard. normal xt owners have to buy these model packs separatly.

Now you got me into tough >.< But my cousin alredy bought hes so AMEN...

The reason my name is Line6 is because when i joined 2 years ago all my equips were Line6 (Amp (spider III) , effects (XT), others :P) And in the long run ive gotten rid of most of that stuff but im starting to appreciate things more lately.

I think i wont get the PP but maybe a XT Live sometime soon or ever far away or maybe just get analog pedals and make my own setup!~ Who knows what i will do>? Just time will say =D