Hello.

I've always had some problems alternate picking at a fast pace on one string. Normally it feels like I'll start and my upstrokes start to pull the string with it slightly and bend it so when the pick comes off the string it bends back and then vibrates more which makes it harder to continue picking at a constant pace. Also when I'm picking fast I've noticed, and been told, that my picking hand (right) goes more to the right (from my view) as it goes down. I've always been wondering if it was because of the way I hold my pick. When I first started playing I took lessons and my instructor showed me how he holds his pick when I asked him, but his way never felt right to me, so I just stuck with what felt comfortable. Since it's too hard to explain, I'll just post pictures.

An up-close front view

This is how it normall looks when I play and alternate pick

Some times it might also be like this

Here's an up-close side view

oh no it appears you have aids

nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh your fine, might wanna leave a little more pick stickin out though
it has nothing to do dude. look at Marty Friedman!(youtube him) thats the weirdest way to pick a guitar and the guy is sick.

I'd be more concern with the pick going more to the right than down ( or thats what i got from it) because it could become inefficient and you could be doing more work than what your's supposed to.
MAKE SURE YOUR HOLDING THE PICK AT A 90 DEGREE ANGLE TO THE STRINGS. I used to have it slanted down, but you need to hold it at a 90 degree angle to the string to alternate pick. the way your holding it seems fine though. but im pretty sure that way your strumming is the problem
Thanks everyone. All the tips are appreciated. I usually have more pick sticking out, I was just holding it like that as an example and it ended up like that.
I used to hold my pick with a closed hand but my technique improved tremendously when I opened the other three fingers (as in your third photo). Angle of attack improved, as well as the ability to "find" strings on the fly. It was slightly awkward for a week or so but the rewards were worth it. Also try using more arm movement and less wrist.
Quote by Guitar HERO27
MAKE SURE YOUR HOLDING THE PICK AT A 90 DEGREE ANGLE TO THE STRINGS. I used to have it slanted down, but you need to hold it at a 90 degree angle to the string to alternate pick. the way your holding it seems fine though. but im pretty sure that way your strumming is the problem

At 90 degrees to it?! You're supposed to pluck the string not rub it!

You should angle it slightly but not that much, you won't get any attack otherwise.