How exactly do I pull off vibrato like the three mentioned above? Im fine with classical vibrato and I have my own form of wide vibrato, but I want to be able to pull off their kind of vibrato as well, especially while bending notes. I know that their shaking of the neck as hard as they do is probably mostly for show, but any help to create that kind of emotional vibrato would be appreciated.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Quote by ledroses23
How exactly do I pull off vibrato like the three mentioned above? Im fine with classical vibrato and I have my own form of wide vibrato, but I want to be able to pull off their kind of vibrato as well, especially while bending notes. I know that their shaking of the neck as hard as they do is probably mostly for show, but any help to create that kind of emotional vibrato would be appreciated.

I wouldnt say its for show.... thats just how they play. SRV played very aggressively.... thats how he felt it... and how he expressed it.

Learn some of their licks that use vibrato. Its really as simple as that. Watch what they are doing, imitate/ practice.
look at B.B. King's vibrato, that's where Clapton and SRV got it from. The "butterfly" vibrato is very expressive and is a staple in blues technique. I do it by resting one finger on the string, and floating my hand like a butterfly, fluttering back and forth. You can find tips on how to do it from Guitar Player, to blueslessons.net