well i just got my new MIM tele today and its great.
everything is perfect except there a bit of buzzing on the 8th fret on the g string. no where else, every single fret is fine except that one. neck isnt bowed, intonation is fine action is perfect, any idea what might cause this?
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Quote by markramer
kink in the string.

never heard of that before, could you explain?
when the strings have been installed on the guitar it will have been bent/kinked... its really hard to feel, if you loosen the string right off you will probably see a kink. easily fixed by a change of strings.

and if that isnt the case, its really unlikely to be anything to do with the frets or neck since its only on one string.
not to hijack, but what if some of the strings buzz (the three treble strings) but not others (bass strings)? what then?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
not to hijack, but what if some of the strings buzz (the three treble strings) but not others (bass strings)? what then?

What guitar and bridge set up is it?
TS yeah, it can be a kink or a bend in an old string. or it might be a kink or dent in the fret.

so take a look there. see if there's anything would indicate a problem.

for oneblack, try raising ur strings a little.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
TS yeah, it can be a kink or a bend in an old string. or it might be a kink or dent in the fret.

so take a look there. see if there's anything would indicate a problem.

for oneblack, try raising ur strings a little.

Kthx
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i know its not the strings,
after looking at the fret really closely i see that its not really all the way in,
theres a tiny little gap between the fret and the wood of the guitar so now my question is,
how would i go about pushing it in. if thats not a good idea then how would i make it so its all the way in?
Quote by Atomic48
Sledgehammer and a very steady hand.

really?, i dont know anything about fret work and whatnot so if you werent serious let me know.
I wasn't being serious. It could be done, but I don't recommend you try.
D:
Signature.
Quote by RatmN'Roses
i know its not the strings,
after looking at the fret really closely i see that its not really all the way in,
theres a tiny little gap between the fret and the wood of the guitar so now my question is,
how would i go about pushing it in. if thats not a good idea then how would i make it so its all the way in?

you can try tapping it in with a tiny or rubber hammer.
but if you tap too hard you can flatten the fret. so be careful not to do that.

http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/mandolinrefret2.htm
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011