what are the differences between both of these guitars? what makes the custom 600$ and the standard 430$?

Also, if you could answer this about amps. Is the MG50DFX good for the following:

Bedroom practicing, Joe Satriani type stuff, Classic Rock(Beatles, Thin Lizzy, Pink Floyd, Rush) and a little megadeth and metallica.
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
The MG is good for nothing, and I will shun you if you ever touch that amp. And as for the guitars, dunno.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Quote by I Be Andyy
The MG is good for nothing, and I will shun you if you ever touch that amp. And as for the guitars, dunno.

When will everybody agree on one amp and live happy?

Never
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
MGs are Notoriously bad.. and well known for it.. I think the cleans arn't bad on it.. but distortion wise..... terrible.. I even heard horror stories about the reverb.. get something like a Valveking 112 or Vox Valvetronix if your set on Solide State amp.. I love my Vox
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
Quote by Rounder01
what are the differences between both of these guitars? what makes the custom 600$ and the standard 430$?

Also, if you could answer this about amps. Is the MG50DFX good for the following:

Bedroom practicing, Joe Satriani type stuff, Classic Rock(Beatles, Thin Lizzy, Pink Floyd, Rush) and a little megadeth and metallica.

The Custom has gold hardware, and maybe a different kind of wood. People prefer the Custom over the Standard because it sounds better to them, but they're both good guitars. Epiphone right?

And the MG should be good for practicing. If it's just for practicing, I wouldn't get a 50 watt for practice. If you want a Marshall MG for practice, get like a 15 watt DFX.

There are a lot of better practice amps out there that aer cheaper though.
I think the difference with the Custom and Standard is firstly the Custom gets more 'special' finishes with extra binding and gold hardware and stuff, and also I've heard that Customs get inspected a bit more in quality control too and the wood used in them is the same type as the Standards but it's slightly better quality. I'm almost entirely certain all of the electronics and the basic build is the exact same though, I've never noticed a huge difference between them.

And the MGs suck. Solid State amps = not good.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
as for custom vs standard, if is ephiphone ur talkin about....thn i think its the wood and quality, gibson wise..totally different
Quote by MrFlibble
I think the difference with the Custom and Standard is firstly the Custom gets more 'special' finishes with extra binding and gold hardware and stuff, and also I've heard that Customs get inspected a bit more in quality control too and the wood used in them is the same type as the Standards but it's slightly better quality. I'm almost entirely certain all of the electronics and the basic build is the exact same though, I've never noticed a huge difference between them.

And the MGs suck. Solid State amps = not good.

Flawed statement, Solid state amps can be good with just the right EQ settings, not only that but there ARE some Solid State amps that are actually good straight up.
Quote by Wakisazhi
Flawed statement, Solid state amps can be good with just the right EQ settings, not only that but there ARE some Solid State amps that are actually good straight up.

i wish everyone here have the same iq as you, but sadly that would never happen
Quote by Wakisazhi

Agreed very much so.. I enjoyed playing some Solid States and dont see the big "Issue" with them.. I've heard a Tube Amp before I see little to no difference.. and Im not talking a small tube amp.. Im talking a Fender Twin Reverb sure it sounds like sex but I heard better cleans..
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
Quote by Wakisazhi

look at line 6 vetta's, amazing solid states
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by TheHentaiNazi
Agreed very much so.. I enjoyed playing some Solid States and dont see the big "Issue" with them.. I've heard a Tube Amp before I see little to no difference.. and Im not talking a small tube amp.. Im talking a Fender Twin Reverb sure it sounds like sex but I heard better cleans..

If you think there's no difference between solid states and tubes then you are seriously tone deaf.
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
Quote by Wakisazhi
But the problem with that though is that for the same money and less effort you can buy a tube amp that sounds better.

Solid States are just... pointless.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
But the problem with that though is that for the same money and less effort you can buy a tube amp that sounds better.

Solid States are just... pointless.

well, my spider 3 75watt only cost me 200, i think it worth every penny unless you can find a tube amp around that price.
Quote by kckyle
well, my spider 3 75watt only cost me 200, i think it worth every penny unless you can find a tube amp around that price.

lets see the epiphone valve junior
the peavey royal 8 or whatever
palomino v8
I believe the black hearts are around there, maybe a little more..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I think some randall solid states are fun to play around with. Dont have the tubeness to them though of course
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
id stick to reliable amps and guitars and ones that sound great to YOU. who gives a crap will Joe Blow thinks sounds good.

and id contact Epiphone about any facts you cant find on their ste about those 2 guitars and NOT listen to what others THINK the difference is. for all you know, they might be confusing the facts.