I have some questions to you boys...
First of all I'm a beginner, and i'm in the wave of the melodic death metal, like Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Children of bodom, Mors precipium est, In Flames.
I'm loocking to an cheap guitar for that style.
Someting not above 300$
This is my best bets:
Ibanez GAX30- http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-GAX30-Electric-Guitar-519725-i1150711.gc
Jackson JS30KV King V- http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-JS30KV-King-V-Electric-Guitar-511563-i1147104.gc
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads JS Series- http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-JS30RR-Rhoads-JS-Series-Electric-Guitar-511564-i1147107.gc
I really don't now whats best, i've already play in a jackson really expensive, and in a les paul expensive as well, i prefer the neck of the jackson...

Now the amps questions, like i've said before i like melodic death metal, so it need to be good to do that...its for pratacing at home, and need to be strong enouth to keep up the drums(garage band xD)
I was thinking on a Roland Cube 30, peavey bandit 112 dont want to pay more than 300€
_________
Another question to the future, is should i buy a good high expensive amp, or good amp that leads weel with pedals and in that case i should buy a good od, dist, flanger, phaser, etc
I'd go with either of the jacksons; the Ibanez is too vintage style for those genres but I couldn't choose between the two: I've never played a jackson.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i would go for jackson
great guitars
but i like the ones wit seymour duncans and a floyd rose trem more
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
also check out schecter omen.

http://www.musiciansbuy.com/Schecter-OMEN-6-Black-Guitar-with-Free-Items-OMEN6_BLKKIT.html

those other guitars are fine but, keep in mind that a V guitar will be hard to play while sitting, and you, being a beginner, will probably be sitting while just starting out.

also the roland cube is a good choice.

if it's just you and no band, then a micro cube should almost be enough.

a cube 30 is pretty good, but not really enough for a band, and more than enough if alone.

just to keep in mind.

also, i'm a girl, so i hope it's ok that i responded to ur post.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^ i find that the rhoads is quite easy to play sitting down. you have to get in a kind of classical position with the bottom between your legs. dont know if you counted that as a V but just throwing my 2 cents in.
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
yeah i do. i see it as a V too. and yeah i hear that the classical position is the way to go when sitting. good points.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
yeah i do. i see it as a V too. and yeah i hear that the classical position is the way to go when sitting. good points.

sweet
fourteen?
The good of the jackson JS30RR is that have a floyd rose and thats good for my style.
If the roland cube 30x is not enouth, what you thinck will be better for me?
Thanks for the answares.pls more examples of guitars, amps and +1s.
the guitar's you linked all had fixed bridges. in this price range that's what you want.

and it's not that the cube isnt enough. its a good amp in this price range. im saying dont spend $225, if you dont need a 30 watt amp. spend $125 on a smaller version of it.

if you want a 30 W amp, then get the roland. it's very good for a 30 W moddeling amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Azorian
The good of the jackson JS30RR is that have a floyd rose and thats good for my style.
If the roland cube 30x is not enouth, what you thinck will be better for me?
Thanks for the answares.pls more examples of guitars, amps and +1s.

the JS30RR doesnt have a floyd, i think only the more expensive jacksons have floyds. i think the peavey bandit would be good for you but im not too good with amps.
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
The peavey bandit 112 has 80w thats enouth to suprass the drums,I thinck is need at least 60w.
If I buy some pedals I can make the bandit sound good for my style?
id still rather have a cube 60. if i was sticking with solid state and wanted to get over a drummer.

i've never actually played a bandit, but ive seen kids play thru them before. i guess they are ok if moderately priced.
in this SS price range, i choose roland over peavey.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
id still rather have a cube 60. if i was sticking with solid state and wanted to get over a drummer.

i've never actually played a bandit, but ive seen kids play thru them before. i guess they are ok if moderately priced.
in this SS price range, i choose roland over peavey.

+1

I'd go with the cube based purely on range of tones, when you bring into that the fact that they're not bad models at all and you've got a good bargain; especially compared to the bandit.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Dudes for a amp i'm going to a roland cube 30x or micro for pratacing...than i'm gonna buy one that most be good for my style and suprass the drums. Wich amp would be, in a price range of 400-500$?
In your opinion what would be the better guitar for a beguinner, for this style(melodic death metal), in a price range of 0-400$.
definitely a Cube 60, i have one and i lovvvvvvvvvvvve it, i couldnt be happier with it.

EDIT: Oh, and try not to get a V if you're a beginner, i started with a V and i hated it, it made me quit, but i eventually picked it up again and blah blah blah. you'll definitely want to get a guitar that is easy to play, comfortable for you to play, and suits your style of music. i would get a Microcube if i were in your position, because if you're a beginner...then well... you're not good at guitar and you wont be playing with other people for a while, but thats just me. I'm playing death metal with a Les Paul and a Strat so you could pretty much get whatever you want, lol. i would recommend a Ibanez RG series, i've played a few and i like them, i'm getting one myself pretty soon.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Last edited by ugmung at May 3, 2008,
Quote by oorocker76
I want to play metallica, megadeth stuff like that. I have a bc. rich sob avenge guitar and a line 6 spider 2 amp. When i play songs like Symphony of Destruction it doesn't sound right. Should i get a distortion pedel or use the distortion built into the amp?

uh, i think you should bring this into your own forum buddy.
and to answer your question...get a new amp. not pedals.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
if u are a beginner u should try to jackson JS30 dinky has same pickups and u can get it with a floyd rose and its only like 330 or so
Gear:
Jackson JS30 with emg 81/85 (bridge/neck)
Epiphone SG Special
Esteban Acoustic (won in a bet lol)
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Marshall AVT20
Quote by Metallicaxp
Remember to do your Daily Jerk, Never forget!
they shape of a v is just funny to play with, go with it if you want one. but as far as good cheap metal guitars go i throw down a vote for the shecter as well, i had a diamond series that was badass for what it was.
Quote by Azorian
So you all thinck taht a V guitar is not good for a beguinner?

no, i say from experience.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo