ok guys,so related to my previous thread,can you guys pour in some multi effect units? ones that have a great tone and versatility...and of course,one thats good for the money...not too expensive tho...
TC Electronics G-Major.

EDIT:

or the TC Electronics Nova System if you don't want to dabble with MIDI and Rack Gear.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Last edited by Doodleface at Apr 30, 2008,
Boss ME-50
It's like 30 pedals in one

11 distortions (and they're GOOD)
Delay, chorus, etc.
Octave shifter.
Tuner (It must have one)
And so much more

That thing just rocks.
Digitech puts out some great multi effects.

Personally I would buy single pedals you can build your own combo sounds and find your tone. They all sound like the same tone on multi effects.
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Quote by phip
Digitech puts out some great multi effects.

Personally I would buy single pedals you can build your own combo sounds and find your tone. They all sound like the same tone on multi effects.

yeah well,thats what i figured...it really is better ain't it? but i can't get delays,chorus,wah,overdrive and all the other pedals in one go...would you guys get single pedals one after another,or get a multi effect unit?
i got a multi effect pedal simply so i could have a ton of sh*t in one shot for less than $150. And i wanted to be able to record stuff for playback so i could critique my style and technique - not tone so much.

that is not to say that single pedals are not the way to go. most here would agree.

if i had $300 - $500 in pedal budget i would get a decent disti or OD pedal, a great WAH, a good delay, and possibly a flange or EQ with left over cash. I am not the pedal expert here, only giving my .02 on what i did originally and why.

;
but what if you were forced to get pedals only one at a time? would you still get single pedals?
Personally I would get a multi-effects unit then over time begin getting single pedals until I no longer needed the multi. Honestly, who can afford to buy all of these effects at once? It's very pricey.
D:
Signature.
heh,but i've already got a ds pedal...probably can afford another 2 in one shot after my exams...considering a DD-6? it really sounds quite good...popular too...what do you guys think?
Quote by NoobOnZone
but what if you were forced to get pedals only one at a time? would you still get single pedals?

^great question
+1 Atomic48

i think that really is the big question/hurdle

i think it boils down to the amp you have now (possibly later) and styles.

i will speak out of both sides of my mouth for a minute but:

1.) i think i would save up so i can make the transition quickly and still be able to do the on the fly changes i like with my style (ie i like to take a grunge melody for example and then play it clean with lots of delay and then suddenly switch to a classic jimi wah sound and then back again.

2.) you don't need much to get started so maybe focusing on a Bad Monkey od for $50 and then building slowly from there is the way to go (keeping your multi effect for those days you want it).

it is a budget thing. if you amp sucks then focus on that for now. sorry for long post but you will def get different answers than this.

imo only
:
Quote by NoobOnZone

i would. i only have 3 right now: OD, wah and a rotovibe(kinda like a univibe). ill probably get a delay next but maybe not. amp reverb seems like enough for me. its just nice to fool around on delay and get into an eric johnson mode. but i cant see me using it too much so i might just get an octavia type pedal. but i would always buy singles instead of a multi. the tone is just better. with a multi its like a jack of all trades but a master of none. while the single pedal is made to do one thing really well. the multi's these days seem to be getting better ill give them that. but still, i think they will never be as good as single pedals. plus, with singels you can put them together however you want. where with some multi pedals you might not be able to mix certain ones. like the hendrix pedal for example. you cant really mix the different modes together. which imo sucks. plus, a lot of these pedals come with too many options imo. you'll probably end up only using a select 5 for the most part and fool around on the others. imo, that seems like a waste. you might as well save up for the same effects in single pedals and that way you dont have wasted settings and they will sound better.
Unless you're willing to buy a good multi-effects unit (TC Electronics, etc), don't waste your money on something that's OK. Get a few single ones... you shouldn't even need fifteen different effects unless you're Mike Einziger.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I masturbated in front of a mirror and I pretended Bob Barker was giving me a handjob.

Quote by Bazilisck311

You know you're a guitar player if the pianist at your wedding plays "Eruption"
ok..so how about this...

i already have got a distortion pedal..so..i have 220SGD to spend...

i can either 1) get a 200SGD Boss DD-6 delay and spend all my money at the moemnt on just that delay pedal...2) get 2 diff pedals like maybe a chorus and overdrive...

which option would be better for me?