I'd just like to start this out by saying I didn't see a specific thread for keyboard, so I thought I should put it here.

Anyway, I've been playing guitar for a while now, and I'm looking to branch out into other instruments. I hear piano is a very helpful instrument to learn for any musician, but because of the size of my house, it isn't practical (or maybe even possible) to get a real piano in. So I'm looking for a full size 88-key keyboard, but one that is still relatively cheap, and of decent quality. Sounds vauge, I know, but what I mean is I don't need bells and whistles. I don't need light up keys, and I don't need the option to make it sound like a dog barking in different pitches. I just want something with the correct number of keys that can sound like a piano, won't break in 3 weeks, and is affordable (the further from 1,000, the better.) Any help is greatly appreciated, since I have no idea where to start with this.
Quote by mrmarc772
whatever Jordan Rudees uses :P

Something tells me that's going to be out of my price range.
Yamaha's are relatively cheap. I have an PSR340 and it works great for me (though I doubt this is still being produced - but similar models should be available). If you don't want a Yamaha, Rolands or Casios are excellent value, too.
Be aware that a keyboard feels completely different than a piano, you'll have the impression of playing with a toy at first.
Quote by TheQuailman
Yamaha's are relatively cheap. I have an PSR340 and it works great for me (though I doubt this is still being produced - but similar models should be available). If you don't want a Yamaha, Rolands or Casios are excellent value, too.
Be aware that a keyboard feels completely different than a piano, you'll have the impression of playing with a toy at first.

how about..weighted keys?
Not always available on cheap keyboards. You get them on electric pianos, but they still feel different. But with is definitely better than without.
Quote by WaterPour
Hey u whiteys are on our turf

Is the middle one a girl or a boy?

Get a Casio, I got mine for $100 ( AUD ), an its figgin awesome ( as awesome as a keyboard can be ).
My cancer spot is much bigger than yours

Quote by HumBucker666
I get carrot skinned regularly by a electrified carrot skinning device

Quote by GrEgUms1991
I have a small penis if that counts?

^ some pretty awesome sh!t ( click )

Europeans Unite!
Quote by human panda
Is the middle one a girl or a boy?

I dont know but I still would IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN hehehehehe