So right now im pissed as hell cause i got screwed over and sh*t on. Dropped 2 hard earned g's on a 95 civic DX. Bought from a private seller who clearly knew that it had a cracked header. Now, after just two weeks of owning the car, im faced with a very expensive repair that may end up costing more than i paid for the car. Now if there is a definition for getting sh*t on greater than this, i would be very sorry for that person.

So, does anyone have a rough estimate on how much this HUGE problem could cost to fix??? any help would be much appreciated in this time of need.
If you have a cracked header and it's a 4 banger, the header itself may cost $200 plus. If you can change it yourself it won't be bad but to have someone do it may be $2000.00
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Damn that sucks dude, thats going to end up bieng a quite the repair cost wise. I guess you could nig-rig it if you really had to but that would only be temporary and most of the power would still be missing. It depends where the crack actually is and how bad, it might be repairable but to be honest you might be better off replacing the headers which, depending on what you decided to put in, will be less then 2g. Moral of the story don't by a civic :P I would go talk to the owner about that, because usually people don't miss things like that, espcially the owner of the damn car.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
o ya, i know i got shafted in the deal and that jackass is probly laughin his way to the bank. im just kinda bankin on a mechanic that someone in my family might know. Im probly gonna have to replace it or spend like 10 bux a week in replacing the coolant lol. Either way, i got a lot more savin to do...dammit...
Only a straight jackass. I saw a civic as a car that SHOULD run for well over 250,000 miles, gave it a good test run, and a week later it just started to overheat A LOT. I replaced the thermostat because it seemed like a likely problem. Well this guy replaced that and the radiator, which basically put a band-aid on it to allow me to drive it and feel safe about it. What a son of a bitch.......
are you serious? just get a used header from the junkyard.... its a civic (aka most common car on the road) so it should be real easy to find. Hell, if I was you I'd get an aftermarket header that still retained the o2 sensors and call it a day. they can be had under 300 dolalrs all day long.
Quote by FATdaRIPPA
o ya, i know i got shafted in the deal and that jackass is probly laughin his way to the bank. im just kinda bankin on a mechanic that someone in my family might know. Im probly gonna have to replace it or spend like 10 bux a week in replacing the coolant lol. Either way, i got a lot more savin to do...dammit...

Replacing coolant? Do you mean cracked head (cylinder head) or header (exhaust manifold). I dont think it would leak coolant if it was the header..
Dude, always pop the hood and take a look. People are bastards, and screw people over nowadays, no ones honest, haven't you learned that?
By the way, it is just one header, correct, no more than that?
Best dirty pick-up line...
Quote by hide_the_beer
I wish you were my homework so I could slam you on my desk and do you all night long
Quote by littlephil
Replacing coolant? Do you mean cracked head (cylinder head) or header (exhaust manifold). I dont think it would leak coolant if it was the header..

i'm glad someone noticed
cylinder head, my bad. Either way, coolant is leaking into the engine and i got white smoke comin out the back. either way, expensive bull****