whats up guys. i wanted to know ur thoughts on the spider valve. im absolutley in love with this amp and the way it sounds. i wanted to kno if anybody has heard any negatives on the amp or any mechanical problems.

post script
jason becker=god
I second the sentiments regarding Jason Becker. On the matter of the Spider Valve...I am absolutely in love with the amp myself! In fact I plan to buy the 212 combo this week. I played some of the competition in the price range, and nothing matches this amp in terms of tonal options and how shall we say...balls. I'm sort of a rare breed in that I have always enjoyed Line6's line of equiptment. The association with Bogner makes it even tastier. Plenty of volume and tube warmth out of this puppy. Of course it is all subjective...I say if you like it, buy it. I haven't heard tales of Line6 equiptment breaking down and Bogner is absolutely top of the line. But everyone has their own opinion of course.
They look and sound pretty good from what I have heard.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
Ugh.....

I tried the Spider Valve 212 combo, (yes, I'm sure it wasn't the Spider III - it said: 'Bogner', and 'Spider Valve' on it ) and maybe it needed a retubing or something, but the tone was just awful. (the Spider III's they had there sounded better ) Believe me- I tried everything..the tone...just...ew...

BTW, the LED's for the effects were cool tho.
When it comes to music technology, i'm completely stumped. I tried to try out a spider valve, but I had trouble getting any kind of sound out of it. I tried a few presets and thought they were pretty meh. And I just said "screw it", and I plugged into a good old AC30.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
They're just so line 6 fanbois no longer have to defend their crappy amps and tube modeling, there I said it.

Flame on!
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
I looked into these, they seem to sound decent. Although there's a limit to what you can tell from sound samples and youtube videos.

I don't know why they've bothered tacking on a set of onboard effects though, it just pumps up the price and they're no real use to anyone.
They don't sound good enough for the price. I looked into them @ GC. It just sounds like a ballsier Sprider III. If you're into that tone I would recommend it.
Horrible amp. The only thing Rienhold Bogner had to do with it, I think, was puting his badge on it.
Quote by greggybhoy
Horrible amp. The only thing Rienhold Bogner had to do with it, I think, was puting his badge on it.

+1 to what I really wanted to say.
There are much better amplifiers in the pricerange. I mean, its just sad how they take a perfectly fine tube amp and put ****ty modelling in it... i tryed playing that amp for more than 2 minutes. Than I plugged into the 6505 next to it and was much happier
Hmm, thats odd, because I tried one in a local shop and it sounded great IMO. They let me crank it. It doesn't have the same dynamic response as a normal tube amp, but i loved the sound. I personally probably wouldn't buy one, but i did like it, a lot. I think most people who don't like it are refusing to like it because its a line 6, or because its a spider, or both. The only thing it has in common with the crappy solid state spiders is the control panel layout, which they used because of the easy-tweakability. It can be incredibly loud with the volume at about 9 o'clock, so with the volume at the lowest point at which any sound comes out, its acceptable for home use i guess, but with the volume that low, you're not pushing the power-amp tubes at all, so it sounds near enough like the regular spider. I got to turn it up to about 11 o'clock, and it was deafeningly loud but sounded wonderful to my ears.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
Hmm, thats odd, because I tried one in a local shop and it sounded great IMO. They let me crank it. It doesn't have the same dynamic response as a normal tube amp, but i loved the sound. I personally probably wouldn't buy one, but i did like it, a lot. I think most people who don't like it are refusing to like it because its a line 6, or because its a spider, or both. The only thing it has in common with the crappy solid state spiders is the control panel layout, which they used because of the easy-tweakability. It can be incredibly loud with the volume at about 9 o'clock, so with the volume at the lowest point at which any sound comes out, its acceptable for home use i guess, but with the volume that low, you're not pushing the power-amp tubes at all, so it sounds near enough like the regular spider. I got to turn it up to about 11 o'clock, and it was deafeningly loud but sounded wonderful to my ears.

No, I really did TRY to like it because I was considering buying the 2X12 version, but ultimately, it sounded like a louder regular Spider III. The built in effects are not so hot either...
Quote by TheEsupremacy
No, I really did TRY to like it because I was considering buying the 2X12 version, but ultimately, it sounded like a louder regular Spider III. The built in effects are not so hot either...

the built in effects aren't great i'll agree, but as i said, to me it only sounded like a Spider III at minimal volume, whereas it sounded great, unlike the spider III, when turned up loud. I honestly approached it thinking it was a bad amp, and i was thinking "blah, its just a louder spider III" until the guy in the store came over and said "you're playing it too quietly" and turned it up to about 11 o'clock, then i could no longer dismiss it as another modelling hybrid.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
the built in effects aren't great i'll agree, but as i said, to me it only sounded like a Spider III at minimal volume, whereas it sounded great, unlike the spider III, when turned up loud. I honestly approached it thinking it was a bad amp, and i was thinking "blah, its just a louder spider III" until the guy in the store came over and said "you're playing it too quietly" and turned it up to about 11 o'clock, then i could no longer dismiss it as another modelling hybrid.

I'll give you this, I wasn't able to turn it up loud, so I'll take your word it sounded better loud (as it should being valvestate ) but for the money, I ended up gambling on a Bugera half stack which was STILL less money than the Spider valve 2X12 so, I would recommend people look elsewhere for the money. They are paying a premium for that "Bogner" plate I assure you. If the 2X12 was around $650US I might have taken a harder look. I hear the head amp is nicer. Again, pricey at $800US.
i looove the spider valve, ive had the 112 for a couple of months now so ive been able to play around with the settings a lot. sometimes it does sound like a lousy spider III solid state, but other times, if you spend a little more time tweaking then it has the dynamics and response of an amazing botique tube amp, i never use the onboard presets, i think theyre a load of rubbish cos i dont wana copy anyone, so i dial in my own settings, and it gives you amazing scope :P oh and jsut to clear it up, it is a proper tube amp, not valvestate, its got 2 12ax7 preamp valves and 2 5881 powers
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck norris

A lot
I've heard that the presets are, well, garbage, but if you create your own sounds and use it like a normal amp, just with some fancy stuff, then it sounds pretty good. I really want to try one, I'm very curious as to what it actually sounds like.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music