I got this email on myspace. What do ya think, is it a scam?

"Hey guys,
I found your page here on myspace and I really liked the song “Stella”. If you are interested, I wanted to extend an invitation to our upcoming compilation “Rock 4 Life”. Below I have included part of the invitation that explains everything about the CD and our cause. Because of the popularity and success of the series we have made a new page. Make sure to also add Quickstar Productions main page in our top friends. I hope that you will be able to join us and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
Rock on,
Bryan

.... My name is Bryan Bosmans, a Project Manager with Quickstar Productions. We are putting out a compilation CD titled "Rock 4 Life" and we would love to have you join us. This compilation CD is going to be used to promote pop punk, screamo, power pop, and of course rock bands. The inspiration for this CD came from a close friend Quickstar Productions, Kevin O'Hara. Kevin O’Hara is a drummer from Northwest Indiana who was diagnosed with Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC) at the age of 18. This disease causes the liver to shut down and currently the only cure is a liver transplant. We want to help Kevin and others like him by donating proceeds of "Rock 4 Life" to the PSC Partners Seeking a Cure. PSC Partners Seeking a Cure is a foundation that endeavors to find a cure and treatment for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. The bands featured on the compilation CD will get great exposure for a good cause and the money raised will help those like Kevin who are awaiting the uncertainty of a liver transplant. This is a win-win situation.

“Rock 4 Life” will be professionally produced, glass mastered, shrink wrapped, full color, and retail ready. The compilation will be sold through the bands on the CD and will also be distributed digitally in more than 300 mp3 retailers worldwide. This includes all the big stores you are use to like iTunes, Napster, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Vcast, etc. Quickstar Productions will pay the bands 50% of profits for these downloads. To further help the artists on the compilation, Quickstar Productions will also send out promotional copies to various contacts at Record Labels (Vagrant, Victory, DriveThru to name a few), Internet and College Radio Stations, Management Firms, etc. Included with the promotional CD’s will be a booklet giving more information on each band. The booklet will feature brief bios, contact information, and a picture. This will be used to help promote each and every artist on the CD.

To have your song included on our upcoming compilation CD, “Rock 4 Life”, please visit our website to download the submission forms. We ask that each band purchase 50 CD’s at cost ($175) to help us cover the manufacturing, production, and shipping expenses included with this Compilation. Our recommended retail price for the CD is $7. 99, but of course you can sell them for whatever price you choose. If you sell them for our recommended retail, you take in $400. This is a great way to get more merchandise to sell at your shows and also a great way to target other fans in your genre. Please check out www. QuickstarProductions. com for more info on this compilation and also take time to learn more about PSC and what you can do to help at PSCpartners. org . Since we plan to release this CD in the summer of 2008, we ask that all submissions be returned by May 15, 2008. Please contact us with any questions or concerns and we hope to hear from you soon!

Rock On!
Bryan Bosmans

Quickstar Productions LLC
443. 552. 7058 office
410. 802. 2206 cell
312. 235. 6598 fax
www. QuickstarProductions. com
Bryan@QuickstarProductions. com
AIM QuickstarBryan

**Also, if you get the chance please take the time to check out the band Bravo Romeo Bravo. They are an amazing up and coming rock band from the Baltimore scene!
"
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
If it is, I facepalm at whoever took the time to write that.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Scam
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by Dirge Humani
Looks legit, go for it.

wanna lose $175? go for it
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by KetchupLad14
Anything that uses the number "4" instead of the word "four" is a scam.

Anyone who confuses the word "for" with "four" is fail.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
That compilation CD stuff is a fairly common scam. It's the rock band equivalent of those modeling agencies that screw people over.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
I live in Indiana and have never heard of any of these people. So it probably is a scam.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
i dunno, thats a tough one.. call him
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

Quote by KetchupLad14
Wow...

I am such a tool.

It happens.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by rockabilly1955
The CEO of the company

correction**
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by KetchupLad14
Wow...

I am such a tool.

you can't be a tool with the mars volta as your avatar
my gear
Cube 30
sammick strat rip off
schecter C-1 classic diamond series
Peavey JSX combo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.G.E > grunge
Well it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch of the imagination to think that this could be legit. I googled rock 4 life and it looks ok to me.

http://www.quickstarproductions.com/rock_4_life.html

It sounds like a relatively cheap way to get exposure if you ask me. If you've got 3 other bandmates it's $43.75 and you'd each have enough copies to just give them to your friends/family without having to bother selling any initially.

Try calling the guy and do some other research through management to verify or even just checking that they're being sold at Walmart would be enough for me. I'd also get the guy to send me a hard copy of the contract/legal paperwork before I committed. Charities can be good or bad, depending on how they're handled.

Good luck with it anyway
82 Ibanez artist ar105
94 Fender MIJ 72 tele custom reissue
04 prs se soapbar singlecut
97 Simon & Patrick pro flame maple
05 Art & Lutherie cedar 12
Custom Strat

68 Fender Super Reverb
78 Traynor TS200
80's Roland Cube20
It's a scam. Don't ever make a compilation CD until you've met the other face to face.
Get off my lawn.
Call them up and ask them about other bands in the complication.
Find about the other bands and ask them if they really are doing it/if it's legit.
Try meet some of the people from rock4life in person maybe

It's probably legit.They Have Rock4Life on iTunes.
I don't know what they will do with the money though.
Last edited by timo1 at May 1, 2008,
I'm really annoyed with people using "fail"

As an adjective, or otherwise. It's just stupid.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Not all compilations are scams. My buddy has a Gore Grind project and just about all he does is make splits with other bands. He either gets paid, gets sent copies, or gets sent copies of other peoples cd's in return.

Ones that do ask for money often are scams though
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag