Page 1 of 2
I keep thinking of good useful inventions that if I made them I could make a lot of money. Unfortunately, I'm only 14.

One example is like a guitar with six lights in every fret (one for every string x 21), and you choose a key and all the lights for the right strings and fret light up. So say you wanted to play in E minor, then every E, F#, G, A, B, C, and D would light up on the guitar.

That's just one of my ideas. Does anyone else ever think of useful things they wish they could invent?
Whammy bars on acoustic guitars! If you steal my idea, I swear to God, I'll murder your entire family.

jk.

But not really.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Thats already been done i think, its called a fretlight guitar or something....cant remember exactly. Its to help beginners learn.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Anyway to put more lights on a guitar.

/Vai
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
A time machine.

Kill hitler, rape him.

Stop 911

Push rose off the titanic.

Epic
Avenged Sevenfold Fan, proud of it.
i recall a guitar just like that, many years ago, when the magazine "guitar for the practicing musician" was still around. not a bad idea for learning, but i wouldn't leave the house with it
Quote by The__Chill
Thats already been done i think, its called a fretlight guitar or something....cant remember exactly. Its to help beginners learn.

yeah thats it, it shows how to play whole songs as well.

id make an electric menorah, like lightbulb **** rather than fire. id save jewish housing by reducing fires, so my hair would become more curly
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by blakefoster937
I keep thinking of good useful inventions that if I made them I could make a lot of money. Unfortunately, I'm only 14.

One example is like a guitar with six lights in every fret (one for every string x 21), and you choose a key and all the lights for the right strings and fret light up. So say you wanted to play in E minor, then every E, F#, G, A, B, C, and D would light up on the guitar.

That's just one of my ideas. Does anyone else ever think of useful things they wish they could invent?

I thought of that awhile ago too...unfortunately it's already been done.
http://web.mit.edu/kumpf/www/ultimate-guitar.html
GUITAR hero..

basically instead of a toy controller you plug in a guitar and you tune your guitar to the game. in the same style of guitar hero but instead of colors there are numbers that slide down. At first its easy. As you progress and learn more of the song there are pieces to the song added.

It would also include lessons and techniques...Now THATS guitar hero..

Comments? Any similar ideas?
an acoustic guitar with a veggi-blender built in
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Packaged artificial boobs. They could be like stress balls!
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
GUITAR hero..

basically instead of a toy controller you plug in a guitar and you tune your guitar to the game. in the same style of guitar hero but instead of colors there are numbers that slide down. At first its easy. As you progress and learn more of the song there are pieces to the song added.

yea! you should call it Guitar Rising though

Quote by istayaway7
i would make turkey flavored ice cream

Pork Chop 'N Onion Flavoured ice cream sounds better
Quote by hmblm12

Yeah Im being honest. It can be done. it would go through like generic riffs. as you select harder difficulties. which would be more than just 4 like in guitar hero. you could pick a style. Even play bass. write in your own tabs. it would be more of a learning program than a game. sell it with a squier strat and thats millions right there.. I copyright that ****.. you steal.. I HERMAN RI on your head.
I would invent: Taco flavored burritos.....now you can have two-in-one....no more tough decisions at the Taco Bell/John's
Quote by metallicat420
Pork Chop 'N Onion Flavoured ice cream sounds better

mmmmm yum!
Can you be as my God am?
Quote by Hot_Money420
I would invent: Taco flavored burritos.....now you can have two-in-one....no more tough decisions at the Taco Bell/John's

tacos and burritos don't taste the same?
Quote by MedicreDemon
Anyway to put more lights on a guitar.

/Vai

My dad did that. He attached loads of christmas lights to his acoustic and had them powered by a battery on the side of the guitar that you could flick on and off.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
GUITAR hero..

theiving bastard!!!!!!I have my brother working on that exact computer programming right now. damnit, I asked him about it a couple months ago, and he just got started a couple of weeks back. i think that would be a great learning tool, and tons of fun at drunken parties
Powdered Water.

Not is it only more convenient to carry around than regular water, it is also very simple to use.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by Metal-X
Powdered Water.

Not is it only more convenient to carry around than regular water, it is also very simple to use.

Just add water!
sup?
Quote by Masamune
I've had this idea for a while. It's a six stringed instrument that has frets on it. Think of it as a modern day lute.

god i hav never heard such a stupid idea..who would want to play that?
Quote by jamogod
theiving bastard!!!!!!I have my brother working on that exact computer programming right now. damnit, I asked him about it a couple months ago, and he just got started a couple of weeks back. i think that would be a great learning tool, and tons of fun at drunken parties

No seriously.

SUE'D!
Quote by Metal-X
Powdered Water.

i can see it now.. "Just add water!"

gah! beat to it

Quote by ldl67
Just add water!

Quote by Metal-X
Powdered Water.

I can make that already. Just give me some ice and a blender.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by blakefoster937

that's old news dude. check it out on yahoo. they did a whole story on it. something to do with fiber optics. sorry dude.
the arsonist had oddly shaped feet...
Quote by sSyLc
I can make that already. Just give me some ice and a blender.

See, the tricky thing about ice is, that it doesn't hold well in high temperatures (like above freezing for instance), before it soon turns back into plain old water.

But what is so great about powdered water, is that it can go anywhere at anytime, making it perfect for those long strolls through the desert. It took my specially hired team of scientists 5 years to figure out the perfect method of making powdered water.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by WillPlayForFood
GUITAR hero..

...... I copyright that ****.. you steal.. I HERMAN RI on your head.

Quote by jamogod
Theiving bastard!!!!!!I have my brother working on that exact computer programming right now. damnit, I asked him about it a couple months ago, and he just got started a couple of weeks back. i think that would be a great learning tool, and tons of fun at drunken parties

Quote by hmblm12

I hate to burst your bubble.... but When he said guitar rising? Yeah he was making A joke. Your idea? Its already out .... Its called "guitar rising" google it
or actually, here is a link
http://gizmodo.com/352800/guitar-rising-for-real-guitar-heroes
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Last edited by algemar at Apr 30, 2008,
i'd invent the Thing-A-Ma-Jig.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by Chikitty_China
Whammy bars on acoustic guitars! If you steal my idea, I swear to God, I'll murder your entire family.

jk.

But not really.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1rstnOz1EmQ

Behold.
Search acoustic tremolo, acoustic floyd rose, etc
You'll find lots of those things
Page 1 of 2