Could anyone recommend some things I could do or play to improve my 'spider riffing'? Preferably something easy? lol

I'd love to be able to get that crazy riff of Raining Blood down, but its too damn fast.
e------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
e-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-

**** like this....picked extremely fast
Quote by ninnipinni93
Isn't that some technicue dave mustane invented???????

That's what I though.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by Demonazzz
e------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
e-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-

**** like this....picked extremely fast

I see. You didn't type the right tuning by the way
I've been playing for two years, and I'm pretty advanced for my years, but I still have a hard time playing that cleanly.
lol i copied and pasted from the tabs
and whatever the hell its called, i'm just looking for ways i can get faster to play those insane riffs.

I can alternate and tremolo pick pretty decently, so its not like I need to learn how to do it.
Quote by Demonazzz
lol i copied and pasted from the tabs
and whatever the hell its called, i'm just looking for ways i can get faster to play those insane riffs.

All you can do really is practice with a metronome. If you download Guitar Pro, it has a feature that allows you to put a riff on repeat and you can start slow and gradually speed up. It's helped me a lot.
just think of it as "1 2 3 4" and do a pause before moving up a fret to the next half of the riff. do it slowly, letting the alternate pick pattern become familiar to you. speed it up when you can master it at slower speeds. eventually you'll get it - it took me ages to come up with a technique to nail it down.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
the hard part of doing that riff for me, is hitting the right frets at that speed, trickier since you have to stretch a bit more at the lower frets which is tiring.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
All you can do really is practice with a metronome. If you download Guitar Pro, it has a feature that allows you to put a riff on repeat and you can start slow and gradually speed up. It's helped me a lot.

Hmmm sweet I didn't know about that.