I straightened my tie and put on my tweed suit, the one with the smooth worsted collar: it was time for my annual wine tasting tour that lasted most of my summer and frequently into the fall. It was a truly ascetic and remarkable lifestyle, it cleansed my soul, letting a load off simply, sipping wine all across Southern California. Most critics perceived me as an immutable and unchanging individual leading a very sedentary and overtly easy lifestyle. Some often accused me of unconcealed vivaciousness as well, for wine has a bad reputation of making parties quite rowdy, but I beg to differ: I attended sophisticated gatherings and followed my passion religiously, or my religion passionately.

My map was on the passenger seat of the car, highlighting the trek across the various counties, and my palette tingled with the remembered flavours and aromas of my most common stops. A particularly superior variety came to mind, a traditional Falernian white, as white and pure, almost as snow, diaphanously clear like the wineglass that held it. I locked my apartment door and strode towards my car, remembering last year’s Falernian, wondering vaguely whether the Romans had ever honestly appreciated the light and fruity taste of their most famous wine. A lugubrious nostalgia came upon me, as I stood upon my step, and I admit I shed some silent tears in remembrance of that particularly dear grape.

My first destination put me somewhere very near to the Santa Ynez River estuary that flowed into the Pacific Ocean, I could hear the tremendous surf crashing into the glassy beach from the old, wooden bungalow-type wine house. The older family who owned the vineyard had perfected a very dark, very woody variety of the pinot noir, almost like a touch of new moon overseeing a cold winter midnight. I had not come for their extraordinarily unexpected noir however, I much prefer their subtly lighter vermouth red because of its connectedness to the land, some distant, faint frost fall leaving its untraceable mark upon the fruit, which combined with the traditional Santa Ynez purity, gives it a rather contemplative and tentative finish.

Destroy my prized writing, please enjoy
And I will definitely C4C, because I'm new and I want connections.
And goddamnit (excuse my french) can someone tell me how to indent paragraphs because the button is useless.
just use the space bar like 3 or 4 times.

anyway, i rather liked it, you have a good overall tone to it, keeps a straight train of thought while still going off on to random tangents, its good, cant really say more about it, sorry, its very good though, you have a clear style, i loved some of the metaphors. remember tropes are a writers best friend. but i probably dont have to remind you of that.

and by the way i changed one of the lines on my song icarus, but im keeping it short and too the point, because i think it would lose meaning if i added more. thanks for reading it by the way.