Well in may I plan on making a Custom OD. But I need something to base it off I also plan on building a clone of something also. so GG&A what do YOU want me to base mine off of and a clone of?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
i think you should make those triboost kind of pedals that BYOC does...id buy one
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
never heard of it. But I am making just a clean boost also
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I would like a Lovetone Big Cheese fuzz clone...

It would be nice, is all I'm saying.
its like a clean boost, a liner power booster and a treble booster based on the dallas rangemaster in one pedal
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by Otsugua713
its like a clean boost, a liner power booster and a treble booster based on the dallas rangemaster in one pedal

interesting I'll look into that.

and to colin. I already have a Fuzz but might look into doing another once I get an OD out there.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
or you could just make a clone of the Dallas Rangemaster
Quote by Otsugua713
or you could just make a clone of the Dallas Rangemaster

I just looked at a schematic of it and will almost definantly do it
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
The BYOC Triboost or just the Dallas Rangemaster?
Yeah, rangemaster.

Oh, maybe have an OD similar to the voodoo labs sparkle drive. With the mix knob which mixes the clean tone with the overdriven tone
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Otsugua713
The BYOC Triboost or just the Dallas Rangemaster?

just the rangemaster

dark I'll look into that and see if I can find a Schem
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Just found the schematic for the sparkle drive. looks like a cool pedal I'll build one and tinker with it.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I'm not gonna do a 808. Because I don't want to intrude on whatever buisness "the.spine.surfs has cause hes building 808 clones.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Say Ocean
maxon od808

Oh yeah, like there hasn't been enough of those kind of OD's.

Good job finding the schematic with the sparkle drive. My danelectro wasabi overdrive has a function like that, and it's really nice. Plus, it's something a bit different.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I will definatly look into it
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
anyother ideas guys?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Well... be creative.
You can base your designs on other pedals, but I say mod it with extra features, and stuff like that.
Other than that, i'm not sure what to tell you. Because in the long run, i'm always going to like the tone of a cranked tube amp better than an OD pedal. And, i'm sure that alot of people on here will stand with me on this.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Well... be creative.
You can base your designs on other pedals, but I say mod it with extra features, and stuff like that.
Other than that, i'm not sure what to tell you. Because in the long run, i'm always going to like the tone of a cranked tube amp better than an OD pedal. And, i'm sure that alot of people on here will stand with me on this.

oh yes definatly I'm gonna mod it lol. don't want to be normal i'll make it my own.

I understand though But it's a OD OVERDRIVE it for making your amp MORE cranked lol.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
something new that'll boost the crap out of my preamp and dosent sound mushy
and a pedal that does the opposite so i could have like a clean channel without changing my guitars volume yes i know im being an idiot but i just think it would be cool
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Last edited by angusslashdime at May 1, 2008,
bump
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by The red Strat.
Ocd ?

I thought about that how badly do people want one though?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
...i still vote for the Rangemaster
Quote by Otsugua713
...i still vote for the Rangemaster

lol.

I"l build a rangemaster if you buy it ok?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Two AMZ JFET boosters, in one box. Separately, you've got two boosters; together, it's an OD.
Quote by mr_hankey
Two AMZ JFET boosters, in one box. Separately, you've got two boosters; together, it's an OD.

good idea! I like it, I'll see what I can do about that
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at May 1, 2008,
what about something like the Jekylly/Hyde? something with two ODs in it and there is a blend feature. or even something like an OD on one side and a clean boost in the other for non-coloring volume boosts for solos?

not sure what to base the OD off of but the clean boost definitely off the BBE Boosta Grande.

**edit** dammit mr. hankey, i didnt even see your post about 2 pedals in one box....oh well. i still like my idea as well...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
what about something like the Jekylly/Hyde? something with two ODs in it and there is a blend feature. or even something like an OD on one side and a clean boost in the other for non-coloring volume boosts for solos?

not sure what to base the OD off of but the clean boost definitely off the BBE Boosta Grande.

**edit** dammit mr. hankey, i didnt even see your post about 2 pedals in one box....oh well. i still like my idea as well...

the pedal in my sig I plan on making a secong version with two sides. I would make one side germanium based and the other silicon so you have the best of both worlds
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era