Peavey Transtube anygood?
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
epiphone les paul custom elitist with duncans
blackheart handsome devil
peavey vyper

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
I own it so im a bit of a biased opinion but i quite like it for solid state. For the price your getting a lot of features and the XXL is essentially 9 channels so theres huge versatility. But none the less it is solid state so a decent tube amp will sound a little better. What you should do is compare the XXL to the XXX and see if its worth the price difference to you.
My gear:
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Ibanez AEL 50 SERLV
Peavey XXL Half Stack
how about the blackheart stack, this is in my price range
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
peavey vyper

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
people said it wasnt tht versatile but i know ppl who have played and they have givin me different answers
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
peavey vyper

if you crank it its gonna sound like ass... its solid state!
My gear:
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Ibanez AEL 50 SERLV
Peavey XXL Half Stack
the blackheart isnt a solid state it actually sounds ok when cranked up high of cousre is distorts though
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
peavey vyper

the transtube however i have not tried but ive read reviews over the net but they are all probably biased
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
peavey vyper

Quote by dudey5691
If I'm not mistaken, I believe TS was referring to the Blackheart amps...

Otherwise, yes, it would indeed sound like ass.

What?
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
peavey vyper

Quote by soundfx444
the transtube however i have not tried but ive read reviews over the net but they are all probably biased

Do the "people" you mentioned two posts ago have the Blackheart or the Transtube?

If they have the Peavey, ask one of them if you can play around with it for a while. If not, try to find one in your local area, and test it.
Buying blind should be a last priority.
quote i have played around with the blackheart but idk anyone with a peavey the black heart sounded pretty good at low volume but i want to know what other people think because there are other amps out there that i havent even looked at or thought about
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
peavey vyper

I have no experience with that particular amp, so I cannot help.

The Peavey Classic 30, Windsor Studio, VK, or Crate Palamino and V-series sounds like a good match up to what you want to play, if you need clean headroom.

If you don't want cleans, just go for an Epi VJ...that works for classic rock very well.
i think im gonna go with the vk just because its louder and more versatile
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
peavey vyper

Quote by soundfx444
i think im gonna go with the vk just because its louder and more versatile

Dude, I have the VK...50 watts will be overkill if you're only ever going to play at home. It sounds good, no doubt..but it's better when it's cranked, and it has no master volume...so you cannot saturate the tubes at low volumes.

Your choice, though. good luck finding a good priced one...I managed just under $300 for mine, used of course...but new tubes and only played for two hours.