Page 1 of 4
I don't understand what the "hype" is about them being legends in music. I've TRIED to get into them and I just never honestly could say I like them. I just get mostly get irritated with fan boys saying "OH! If you don't like the beatles then you don't know what real music is!" Tough **** I like many other bands that are such legends in music (Led Zeppelin, The Who, etc.) But the fan base is what kills me about what makes them so great?
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Custom Deluxe
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

It's obvious I don't like fender at all

HORSE the BAND
they had cool hair.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Opinions, opinions, opinions.

You don't HAVE to like them, just listen to whatever you want without worrying about musical elitists bashing for not listening to the classics or whatever.

edit: I don't like them either.
Well they were a big influence back then, and had huge success all over the world, so it's not hard to understand the hype. Whether you like them or not doesn't take away from their success.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
They were a good group, but I agree that they aren't good enough to deserve all the hype about them. I enjoy listening to a few of their songs every now and then, but most of it I avoid.
The Beatles were great, but I always thought the Doors were much better. Only my opinion.
Gear:
-Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS
-Fender Twin Reverb '65 Reissue
-And all the fuzz a man needs
I'm not a fan of the early Beatles but in their later career i really like them much more, Idk its just like all other bands some people them , some worship them and some people just dont.
Yertle the Turtle was king of the pond.
A nice little pond. It was clean. It was neat.
The water was warm. There was plenty to eat.
The turtles had everything turtles might need.
And they were all happy. Quite happy indeed.
The song writing. The first Beatles song I ever heard was I Wanna Hold Your Hand. I didn't really like it. Thought it was a stupid a pop song. But then I started to listen to their later stuff, particularly the one's Lennon wrote. The one's I enjoy the most are the few written by George Harrison. Check out some of his contributions and come back.
Last edited by guitarnoobie at May 1, 2008,
Well for their time they were revolutionary I guess.... Some of their songs are alright, I'm not a "FAN" of 'em though.
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
Quote by valentinezxifax
The Beatles were great, but I always thought the Doors were much better. Only my opinion.

+1

Yeah I understand about the whole "people like other bands" but people make it seem mandatory that you MUST like them
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Custom Deluxe
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

It's obvious I don't like fender at all

HORSE the BAND
Im a fan of the beatles; but I'm not going to try to persuade you to as why some think you should like them.

One reason I find some of the songs interesting because the lyrics are incredibly well written, John Lennon was probably one of the best song writers in the past century. but of course that is just my opinion.

*Shrug* I kinda grew up listening to the beatles (even though I was born 30 years too late) and have always liked em.

Just depends on what is your taste of music and what not I suppose.
yeah, man. Don't worry about what people say. If you don't like them, so what? People shouldn't judge others by their taste in music. I happen to only like a couple of Beatles songs, but I wouldn't say you have bad taste in music just because you like some classic rock but not the Beatles. Big deal.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
Quote by Don't Panic Ok?
People like different music, cool I know right?

No way!

I like the Beatles. If you don't like them, then good for you; you have a different musical taste.
Every generation for every genre has its hit band, its just that The Beatles were around before casettes & computer downloads, so you know, they generally sold more vinyl (albums) I personally like a couple of their songs.
Well, everybody has their own taste of music. What is fact though, is that the Beatles had a huge influence over many other bands. I personally love them for their trippyness and sometimes, their more slow, sad songs.
The only thing I don't get about the Beatles is why they have to make every thing so difficult. They say "love is all you need" and then they say "you can't buy love". Wouldn’t it be so much easier if you could just buy it in the store?
Well, they're legends because they made the transition from teeny boppers to powerful political commentors gracefully, and musically.
Hip melodies I suppose. I listen to them when driving to the beach. Then I crank up some old school Nile when driving back..

Opinions, everybody has them. You don't need to like them, but I guess they're one of those groups you listen to when you are in a neutral state of mind with no aggitation.
I hate it when people always say you HAVE to like certain bands, I HATE Zeppelin, but that doesn't mean I don't have taste.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Some people like them some people don't, that's all there is to it.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
like what? i always hear that but what did they do that was never done before?

Well for one their music matured as they did. teens would save up their allowance and do extra chores just so they would have enough for the latest singles and LP's. Hence the phrase "Beatlemania".
Quote by Soul Power
Some people like them some people don't, that's all there is to it.

This man. He speaks the truth.
Basically, it can be applied to any other group in history as well.
Quote by guitarnoobie
The song writing. The first Beatles song I ever heard was I Wanna Hold Your Hand. I didn't really like it. Thought it was a stupid a pop song. But then I started to listen to their later stuff, particularly the one's Lennon wrote. The one's I enjoy the most are the few written by George Harrison. Check out some of contributions and come back.

Me too

Back on topic. Everyone has different tastes bro, you don't have to like them.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Quote by guitarnoobie
Well for one their music matured as they did. teens would save up their allowance and do extra chores just so they would have enough for the latest singles and LP's. Hence the phrase "Beatlemania".

so? they made good music dont get me wrong. i do like them. but i dont really see what they did musically that wasnt already being done.
they don't seem amazing now, but they were the premier rock musicians back in the 60's. before the beatles, top-selling rock bands never wrote their own music. they also pioneered prog-rock.
I don't particularly like the Beatles either, I've tried listening to a few albums, liked maybe a few songs, but that was it. I felt odd that I didn't like this "OMFG, GREATEST BAND EVAR", but meh, they're not my cup o' tea.
The Beatles revolutionized music. Those bands you listed in brackets were hugely inspired by The Beatles. It's not about how "great" their music may or may not be. It's about how much they influenced the music scene.

...and Hey Jude is brilliant. I Wanna Hold Your Hand is also great.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Different people have different musical tastes. Just because you don't really like them doesn't mean that they aren't a good band for someone else.
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
according to my recent music teacher the Beatles' album gt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band changed music from being music to dance to to music to be listened to. Also it was the first concept album ever
they were a face of a generation
It was probably due to their songwriting, and change over the years, listen to Meet the Beatles Album, then Sgt. Pepper, then Let it Be.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
im deep into metal, but i can always listen to the beatles. Good tunes, even their cheesy ones.

EDIT: i play in a death metal band and before we started practice the other day I went into Day tripper and started singin lol. I also use the Day tripper riff to make sure my guitar is in tune when im playing acoustic especially, plus my grandma loves when i play the beatles and chuck berry.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Last edited by rebeltildeth87 at May 1, 2008,
Page 1 of 4