I always grab my guitars by the neck, off my guitar rack, is it at all bad for the guitar?
RG's & Mesa's
Only if you're capable of squeezing so hard that the neck shatters. You'll be fine, that's how most people do it.
D:
Signature.
i dont see how it would be. maybe if you held it horizontally by the neck so that the body was just in the air by itself. that would probably be bad. but i usually grab my guitar by the neck down near where it joins with the body. just feels safer when i do that.
where else would you grab it? I'd say as long as you're not holding it horizontal than you're fine
Nope, you're not allowed to touch a guitar neck.
Guitar is the kind of instrument where you just look at it and it plays itself.

Yeah, it should be fine. Unless you're holding it like a big sledge hammer or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
No. You are only allowed to pick it up and hold it by the B string. Anything else is against the Church and will result in excommunication.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I masturbated in front of a mirror and I pretended Bob Barker was giving me a handjob.

Quote by Bazilisck311

You know you're a guitar player if the pianist at your wedding plays "Eruption"
Well, an electrig probably could, but I don't know about an acoutrig.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Yes. You can get away with it. Just burn your clothes and shred your receipts afterwards. You don't want the fuzz's eyes on you so quickly afterwards, so you may have to hang low for a couple days. But this is a good thing. You can finally get to meeting the community and enhancing your personal life. God knows your years over-due. It's about time you used some of those social skills you've been practicing with the audio tapes you bought. Haha, if I had a dollar for every audio tape you bought at a garage sale and didn't listen to! Ha! So back on topic, after a few days of bonding with the community the bluecoats won't be as suspcicious and you should be able to move back into your pad. PM me if you have any other questions about picking up guitars or guitar accessories.
Quote by Zeppelin Addict
baha... always look to the pit for sarcasim at its finest

nah dude your guitar will be fine dont do anything different

This would be relevant if were were actually in 'The Pit'.
D:
Signature.
Quote by MmmCesium
No. You are only allowed to pick it up and hold it by the B string. Anything else is against the Church and will result in excommunication.

HAHAHA
man i almost died reading that

thats how i always do grab my guitars, you'll be fine
uh if this is for real...its just a sign of disrespect to grab someone else's guitar by the neck alone. its ok, nay expected that you disrespect your own gear every great guitarists gear is rediculously beat up.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
just dont grab a guitar by its balls (The Wangcaster anyone?) and you should be fine. And please, DONT pick it up by the strap alone....*swing*...*smash*
I can do no wrong, for I do not know what wrong is.

The Gear:
Squire 50th Stratocaster (Pimped Out)
Gibson SG Standard
Tuxedo Telecaster Terror (Own Build)
Nameless Les paul
Marshall MGFX 100 Combo
i hope not or i'm going to guitar hell
According to wiki FAP really stands for familial adenomatous polyposis, a type of colon cancer.
--------------
Ibanez SZ720
Randall RG75D
--------------
Me Playing Stuff: Here
Quote by BucketheadBoy90
just dont grab a guitar by its balls (The Wangcaster anyone?) and you should be fine. And please, DONT pick it up by the strap alone....*swing*...*smash*

no you want to grab it by the BALLS god!

New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
It's alright, i always pick my guitar by the neck (randomly; sometimes i pick it near the body, other times near the headstock...).
My brother also picks up his bass by the neck.

If you're concerned about it, and your guitar has a strat-like body, you can pick it up by one of the "horns/wings/whatever-you-call-those-things-that-come-up-from-the-body".

Also, there are some Ibanez guitars that have a handle carved in the body.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I honestly don't think there is ANY bad way to pick up a guitar.  Most electric guitars are made from rock solid woods so unless your windmilling it by the neck for hours there is no WRONG way to pick up a guitar.
u think jimi cares

"ba doo doo ba doo doo ba doo daa"
- earth,wind, and fire