Hey,
My friends are (finally) upgrading their crappy player pack amps to something with tubes in it (or atleast with basic modeling capabilities).
Anyways, there's gonna be like 2 of them I get to blow up, but what is the best way (in your opinion) to destroy an amp? I would like to do something other than starting it on fire or anything like that at first. I kind of want to blow the internals/speaker first, then light it on fire and beat it to a bloody pulp.

Pit, opinions?

PS: Well, they would sell them, but they are very low value. They would probably only get 10 bucks a piece for them at the local music store.
They (my friends) actually agreed on this. It'd give us something fun to upload onto youtube or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at May 1, 2008,
Sell them.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
send it to my house! pm for address lolz
When i die, i wanna be burried upside down...so that anybody who doesnt like me can kiss my ass.

marilize leguana!
Well, they're not even mine. And my friends WANT to blow them up.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Play it while skydiving. Then last second pull the jack out and eject your parachute.
D:
Signature.
Quote by Atomic48
Play it while skydiving. Then last second pull the jack out and eject your parachute.

Epic win
Quote by Atomic48

Sick mind...
get your hands on some dynamite, Shove it in the cabinet Light it , run like hell, AND WATCHE HER GO!!!!
Quote by Atomic48

that sounded perverted for some reason
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
make some napalm, paste the insides with it. light on fire. kaboom
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Quote by Atomic48

My friend IS a plane pilot. Hmm...
It'd be bad if the amp dropped on someone. That wouldn't be good. Unless we dropped it over a corn field or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I was gonna say play it so hard that it goes on fire, but they're solid state.

Try slappin em silly with your 50 ft willy.
Quote by silent caution
that sounded perverted for some reason

HAHAHAHAHA yeah it does!!!
i like the skydiving idea but i dont know if it will work unless you have an electrical outlet in your ass
craystarR
play a bass through them.
that should rip the speakers up nicely if done right.
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Plug in an active bass into them, Crank them full blast, along with the bass, and start shredding and slaping... Somethings bound to blow sooner or later.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
set it up on a table and ram it with a car.

crush it with a steamroller

throw it off a realllllly high bridge.

attach rockets to it and launch it

failure to do any of these things without filming results in me being superior to you because my brother and i had a TV show on our public network back in 05 doing this **** with various household objects. good times.
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
If you want spectacular, I recommend Nitrogen Triiodide. A fairly unstable explosive crystal that creates a cloud of purple smoke when it goes off. Iodine and Ammonia are both easy to get, and as long as you're careful when making it, it's not dangerous or difficult. then *very* carefully place it into the cab, crank it full blast and play, and the vibrations should be enough to set it off. Voila, the amp disappears in a cloud of purple smoke...and lots of little pieces...
set it up on your lawn, crank up the volume and gain, stand on top of the amp and blast the neighborhood with an epic solo until the amp blows up.
Quote by Mad_BOB
If you want spectacular, I recommend Nitrogen Triiodide. A fairly unstable explosive crystal that creates a cloud of purple smoke when it goes off. Iodine and Ammonia are both easy to get, and as long as you're careful when making it, it's not dangerous or difficult. then *very* carefully place it into the cab, crank it full blast and play, and the vibrations should be enough to set it off. Voila, the amp disappears in a cloud of purple smoke...and lots of little pieces...

If something as easy to produce as vibrations would set it off, wouldn't it be inherently NOT safe?
Quote by Sammythedruggie
If something as easy to produce as vibrations would set it off, wouldn't it be inherently NOT safe?

Lol, the production process is safe, as long as you don't eat the iodine crystals or drink the ammonia or anything thoroughly stupid like that. It only becomes dangerous after the NI3 crystals have dried. Very careful handling is required as small shocks can detonate it. Some mad chemists like to use it to replace fly traps - a couple of crystals mixed into a pile of sugar is all it takes, and the shock of the fly trying to land on the sugar detonates it, taking the fly with it. You could always put the crystals in the cab still wet, and wait for them to dry out, that way they can't explode in your hands. The longer the drying process, the better.
mail it to SathiaSun at 123 Fake street.

edit: oh, they're not tube amps.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Put something flammable or explosive inside them, then run a fuse back and have a friend light it when youre ready. Plug in your guitar and play as loud as you can, then have your friend light the fuse and watch the amp explode in a cloud of smoke. Then proceed to destroy it.

This would probably be a cool way to open a show if you have any coming up.
kill all humans
If you don't want to sell them then donate them to Good Will or The Salvation Army. There could be a kid who really wants to play but his parents can barely afford to put food on the table. That kid could be the next Hendrix...