K, i've used the search thread. I keep getting conflicting results. How much wattage is needed to jam/gig, bass amp wise? One guitar has a 75w SS and the other is upgrading his rig right now, prob to a 30-50w tube. As for mic'ing it through a PA, most gigs are gonna be backyard party gigs so... Just lookin to see how much i need for my bassist. Thanks.
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
Answer: Absolute ZERO!
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by IndianRockStar
Your gonna get conflicting results again. If your gonna be cranking your amps, 400 or 500 watts easily. If your gonna play at lower volumes a couple hundred, maybe 300.

Jesus, it is kind of a metal band. lol
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
i'd start at around 3-400 watt minimum depending on how much you're gonna turn up. if you're on a budget check out used stuff of course and carvin has good reviews.

https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=SBX410

that's more than what he'd need right there and a great investment. 1200 watts in one cabinet for 1100. obviously might be out of your price range though.

you can check out their stuff better here.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/group.php?cid=7

edit:i see you're a metal band so ya volume is definitely involved. i highly recommend the carvin or maybe a tube amp for your bassist. i got a peavey vb-2 and love it. if you don't eq it right you get a muddy tone but with some work you can get a lot of good tones out of it.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Damn. What are the chances of me finding something decent and cheap at like a pawn shop?
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
Quote by by_guitar11
Damn. What are the chances of me finding something decent and cheap at like a pawn shop?

|____|

That big. Not very good. With the internet around, its harder to score deals like that.
Quote by IndianRockStar
|____|

That big. Not very good. With the internet around, its harder to score deals like that.

Damn. Well, my bassist needs to get a damn job. lol.
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
Quote by by_guitar11

pawn shops are hit and miss. there are about 60 in edgewood (ghetto) about 20 minutes away, but 2 of them are surprisingly reliable on finding little musical treasures. if you know what you want you can always call ahead, or just go check em out. the beauty and downfall of a pawn shop is literally that you never know what you will find.

dont forget to factor in your drummer, he will be very loud as well. 3-400w will be more than enough, i think you'd be fine with even 200 or a little less.

EDIT: btw, this is the rig i have
http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=2245500010

350 watts, but SERIOUS amounts of money. consider if you really want to spend that much for 350 watts
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Last edited by crazypeanutman at May 1, 2008,
Quote by crazypeanutman
pawn shops are hit and miss. there are about 60 in edgewood (ghetto) about 20 minutes away, but 2 of them are surprisingly reliable on finding little musical treasures. if you know what you want you can always call ahead, or just go check em out. the beauty and downfall of a pawn shop is literally that you never know what you will find.

dont forget to factor in your drummer, he will be very loud as well. 3-400w will be more than enough, i think you'd be fine with even 200 or a little less.

EDIT: btw, this is the rig i have
http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=2245500010

350 watts, but SERIOUS amounts of money. consider if you really want to spend that much for 350 watts

Damn. Nice Rig. lol. To be honest, next time I go to the city im gonna hit up some pawn shops, see what i find. If anyone has anything decent they wanna sell, send a PM my way.
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
Quote by by_guitar11
Damn. Nice Rig. lol. To be honest, next time I go to the city im gonna hit up some pawn shops, see what i find. If anyone has anything decent they wanna sell, send a PM my way.

>.>
<.<

i have a carvin pb200 i'd be willing to part with..........

oh, and i forgot to add this earlier about the big badass amp i have: it is a pain in the ass to cart around. it doesnt leave my guitarists house, because the mofo weighs a good 70 pounds. when they say portable, they are speaking relatively.......

just saying really think about the effort you want to put into this if your not playing enough to really put forth the time and effort.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Last edited by crazypeanutman at May 1, 2008,
Quote by crazypeanutman
>.>
<.<

i have a carvin pb200 i'd be willing to part with..........

PM me.
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
i will tomorrow when im not so tired. for now, i go to bed.
Quote by Mr. T
Quote by crazypeanutman
i will tomorrow when im not so tired. for now, i go to bed.

Haha, ok, Im personally supposed to be studying for physics... lol
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ