I have a few nice guitars, but i currently only have one crap guitar (that i use to take to lessons or to my mates place to jam). The problem is the guitar is so damn crap that it just goes badly out of tune after 1 song, and is probably 15 years old. I tried to jaz it up a bit by chucking an EMG 81 in it, but it sounds poor, and i think i would have to spend another $100 replacing the nut and tuners, plus it has heaps of fret buz. Its a real nasty peice of equipment.

Anyway, i need a new "crap" guitar, not really fussed on what brand or how it looks, although it must have 22 frets or more, and feel "ok" to play. The most important thing im looking for is one that stays in tune. Whatever guitar i will get, ill probably chuck the EMG 81 in, so not really concerned about pickups.

I was thinking about getting the cheapest epiphone (SG special?) and getting a new nut and tuners installed, but then it would come to about $350 Australian Dollars, and i could probably just get something better for that much anyway that already has decent tuners.

The different prices of guitars here to the USA makes it hard to recommend me anything, so just think Epiphone SG special price + $50 USD.

Any recommendations would be great, thanks
RG's & Mesa's
Agile or SX

rondomusic.com

Very upgradable.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
cheap + quality
greg bennett designed samick guitars come to mind
Quote by zorched
Agile or SX

rondomusic.com

Very upgradable.

+3.1416

yet if you want to go real cheap... those Deans Ml... that go for like 100 bucks... i played one and actually they dont feel that bad... but certainly everything i there is as cheap as something possibly be
Quote by Zida
cheap + quality
greg bennett designed samick guitars come to mind

+1

Don't get an ESP. Aglie is also a good option.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Almost any Michael Kelly guitar. Seriously value for some solid guitars
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by just17n8
+3.1416

Did you just plus Pi him? Congrats you win....

+ 1,000,000
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
Agile guitars are VERY decent and affordable. and even stock !

another good value guitar is the ibanez rg321.. but that might cost more considering you're in AUS..

oyu might not be able to get agile either now that i think about it..

errg..

those epiphone specials are pretty awful.. they go out of tune and have pretty awful fret buzz as well.. your best bet is to hit up some pawn shops
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by e32lover
I have a few nice guitars, but i currently only have one crap guitar (that i use to take to lessons or to my mates place to jam)...

just use your nice guitar and spend your money on a really good quality hardcase. then its protected while you travel to lessons and to jams. also when you gt there you have a good guitar with no tuning/intonation/set up problems to worry about.
Thank you please.
Quote by Kivarenn82
those epiphone specials are pretty awful.. they go out of tune and have pretty awful fret buzz as well.. your best bet is to hit up some pawn shops

Not totally true,. Fret buzz is due to poor set up. A cheap guitar can play very well if it set up right.
Quote by deadlydunc
just use your nice guitar and spend your money on a really good quality hardcase. then its protected while you travel to lessons and to jams. also when you gt there you have a good guitar with no tuning/intonation/set up problems to worry about.

+69
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
Quote by zorched
Agile or SX

rondomusic.com

Very upgradable.
GREAT GUITARS!!!!

For the Prices
Last edited by Fritz621 at May 1, 2008,
The new Squier Bullets seem to be nice guitars as well. I'm not a Dean fan, but their low end guitars are great for the money too.
The low end Washburns.

I have a Washburn X7, worth probably about £70 and I much prefer it to my other Washburn (an X22) which is worth about 3 times as much.
i got a squier strat for like $125 (American), and when i lowered the action slightly, it played very well, and the pickups on it are much better than my **** squier bullet
Turquoise Team Beasts!