ok as far as i've known rms is what an amp can put out at a constant, and program and peak both mean that the amp can put out so much wattage for a short burst. i've always considered program and peak synonyms in a way when I look at cabinets. then i was looking at the peavey site and got all confused. the list a program and a peak wattage that seem more like rms and peak. like 400watt program and 800watt peak. here's an example.

http://www.peavey.com/assets//literature/specs/00584700_3.pdf

it's toward the bottom right corner. all of the specs on the website just say program power handling. but the spec sheets have that so i'm all confused. someone explain what they mean!!!
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
is there anybody out there??? i was kinda hoping someone who'd bought peavey stuff recently could help me out on this...thought it would be faster than emailing the company to ask.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
Peavey are idiots, that's what I know. Jerks who don't deserve business. My 115 TVX said it had 400W program, and then the specs sheet said it has 250W program, but then 800W Peak, and then 500W Peak (i.e. implying BOTH 250W and 400W program!). I emailed them and posted on their forum asking for the ACTUAL power handling, and have yet to get a response.

Anyway, program is basically the same as RMS, but I THINK there's actually a bit of difference numbers-wise. However, I think it's safe to consider program the same as RMS.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i've emailed them now. so if i get a response we'll know. I like their products. this will be my first handling of their costumer service. hope it goes better for me than for you, as shown by your attitude for them.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian