ok i have this riff i came up with in the Aminor scale and i want to use the same riff but in drop C tuning.

now. can i play the riff in the same place for it to sound right? or would i have to move up or down?

i have no idea how things change when you drop tune.

thanks.

if im not clear enough let me know ill try to explain better
well, this is kinda complicated to explain; it depends where the riff is on the neck. if you tab ot a little segment i could explain easier. Basically, anything you play on the low E string, (now C string) is going to have to be moved up 2 whole steps, but everything else stays the same. Now, I dont mean to sound condesending, but in case you dont know, this is where theory would come in a a little helpful... The riff could be transposed into a different key so it could be played more easily with the detuned string, however it would not sound the same since it would be in a different key than whatever it was origionally in.
I take it your in D standard?
If you are and if that riff happens to be played on the low D string, that your detuning, then yes it will change.

All the notes will slide over 2 frets towards the pickup side of the guitar. So instead of having to use play a power chord this way
--2--
--2--
--0--

you can play that same power chord like this

--2--
--2--
--2--

Because the note that was once in the open position moved over 2 frets.

Let me know if I helped or totally messed you up.