hey guys, i have a 02 MIA deluxe strat locking trem, and i misplaced the actual whammy bar a long time ago. This guitar is actually hard to find any information on as it is, it seems to be pretty rare, especially in the color i have. Anyways that is neither here nor there. I have a trem bar from a long gone deluxe strat with a regular strat bridge, which works in a way, but is not secure in the hole, and falls out if held upside down.

So basically what im asking is, does anybody know where i can buy the actual whammy bar for the locking tremolos?

Picture of locking trem:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Last edited by dcdossett65 at May 1, 2008,
bump
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
wow - that's a good one!

i don't want to insult your intelligence however:

did you keep your original bar? nope misplaced and gone sorry.
have you checked ebay? prolly
and google? plolly
have you tried a OFR typle wam bar by chance?
there might be something you could do tread/screw wise to retro fit something else?
i found this on wikipedia - i take it it is what you have?

Fender Deluxe Locking Tremolo. A specially designed system that was made by Fender Musical Instruments Corporation in conjunction with Floyd Rose himself, utilizing locking tuners, a modified Fender 2-point synchronized tremolo with locking bridge saddles and a special low-friction LSR Roller Nut which allows strings to slide during tremolo use. This is a double locking system, except the other locking point is at the tuner instead of nut. Its main advantage is the unneeded requirement to perform any major alteration on a solid-body electric guitar, due notably to its similarity (in size and feel) to a normal Fender 2-point tremolo system.

;
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
wow - that's a good one!

i don't want to insult your intelligence however:

did you keep your original bar? nope misplaced and gone sorry.
have you checked ebay? prolly
and google? plolly
have you tried a OFR typle wam bar by chance?
there might be something you could do tread/screw wise to retro fit something else?
i found this on wikipedia - i take it it is what you have?

Fender Deluxe Locking Tremolo. A specially designed system that was made by Fender Musical Instruments Corporation in conjunction with Floyd Rose himself, utilizing locking tuners, a modified Fender 2-point synchronized tremolo with locking bridge saddles and a special low-friction LSR Roller Nut which allows strings to slide during tremolo use. This is a double locking system, except the other locking point is at the tuner instead of nut. Its main advantage is the unneeded requirement to perform any major alteration on a solid-body electric guitar, due notably to its similarity (in size and feel) to a normal Fender 2-point tremolo system.

;

I looked into that, there was another floyd rose look alike made by fender put on some of the locking tremolo strats, and it its not the same thing. In fact, i have never in my life seen another guitar/bridge like this anywhere. It was sort of hand me down from my dad a few years back, and was bought at a small music store, so its pretty hard to find info on it.

Edit: Also, the guitar described in wikipedia comes with s-1 switching, while my guitar has none.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
yeah - that is kinda wierd to me, i mean what are the saddles connected too? it seams as if there is no back plate for adjusting the adjustment screws are buit into saddle?

yes - your pic says a thousand words as i didn't see pic first time. So do have the LSR roller nut? Do you have a pic of neck and serial number? sorry to noob out on you. Do you have what is described above?

it also looks like your strings could just pop out of those saddles at any minute.

seems like a great alt to a standard FR 2 point so now i'm jeolous. you could probably get something crafted for you to rethread the hole and then make a wam bar from scratch actually. kinda sounds like fun and def one of kind...

;
The serial number is DZ0256770

The string ends are held in very securely, the adjustment screws on the bridge push the string ends down and hold, sorta like a floyd rose in a way.

The funny thing is, the bridge is made by fender, yet i cant find one piece of evidence that the thing actually exists!
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Last edited by dcdossett65 at May 1, 2008,
bump
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
so what do you call that? a one off custom shop bridge?
i still don't understand how the saddles are held in place.
i take it they float across top of bridge when you tighten losen the screw but how?
and where on the headstock is the 2nd locking point on the back?
i take it the serial number is on the back as well?

according to fender.com - you got the real deal (but i'm sure you already checked that)

from guitardaterproject.org:
This guitar is from the American Deluxe Series
made at the Corona Plant (Fender), USA
in the Year(s): 2000

someone's gotta know somthing about this something or other bridge
;
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
so what do you call that? a one off custom shop bridge?
i still don't understand how the saddles are held in place.
i take it they float across top of bridge when you tighten losen the screw but how?
and where on the headstock is the 2nd locking point on the back?
i take it the serial number is on the back as well?

according to fender.com - you got the real deal (but i'm sure you already checked that)

from guitardaterproject.org:
This guitar is from the American Deluxe Series
made at the Corona Plant (Fender), USA
in the Year(s): 2000

someone's gotta know somthing about this something or other bridge
;

Interesting, I was under the impression the 2 digits after the first letters indicated the year, as they say 02. Hm, well it worked on my ESP.

The 2nd locking point is on the back of the tuners, hence the adjustable knobs.

Its pretty hard to explain how the saddles are held, but ill try. I think I explained it badly the first time. The strings are held in place by those allen key adjustable screws you see in the picture. Tey put pressure on the string ends, liek a floyd rose, but you keep the ball ends on the string, instead of cutting it off. The saddles are heald to the bridge also similarly to the floyd rose. Im not very knowledgeable on bridges and stuff, but it looks to be like the can swivel and turn back and forth, but are still held on by an unknown screw/bolt, etc.

Id really love to know what the deal with this thing is. I like it was more than any regular strat bridge or floyd rose, but it's nowhere to be found. The bridge is made by fender so maybe i should call them or something to see?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Also, if it helps heres a picture of the other side of ther body, looking in to the trem system, and one of the whole guitar for good measure.

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
def go to fender.com under support tab and find the Product Dating section. all good stuff. i copied that part i was looking at down below.

def call fender on this one and post back and let us know what they say.

ok, i get the bridge concept better now. seems very convienent if it works. have you changed the strings yet? (don't hit me)

so you don't have the 'modified locking trem' mentioned above that i saw in wiki?

what a trip.

anyway i copied down 3 years worth so you can see how they do it:

SERIAL NUMBERS PRODUCTION DATES
N9 + 5 or 6 digits
Z0 + 5 or 6 digits
DZ0 + 5 or 6 digits (Am. Deluxe)
V + 5 or 6 digits (American Vintage Series except '52 Telecaster) 2000

Z0 + 5 or 6 digits
Z1 + 5 or 6 digits
DZ1 + 5 or 6 digits (Am. Deluxe)
V + 5 or 6 digits (American Vintage Series except '52 Telecaster) 2001

Z1 + 5 or 6 digits
Z2 + 5 or 6 digits
DZ2 + 5 or 6 digits (Am. Deluxe)
V + 5 or 6 digits (American Vintage Series except '52 Telecaster) 2002
i've changed the strings loads of times, much easier to change than a floyd, none of that string cutting business. Of course your not annoying your the only one whos helping!

Yeah ill call fender tomorrow and post what i get. All i can say is im pretty damn lucky to have this thing, i can see now why the guys at the shop didnt want to sell it, half the guys admitted to wanting it! Best damn guitar i;ve ever played, and i swear, it gets better every time i change the strings.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
cool, your pics definitely helped out and glad i could help even if only in a small way

I'll be super curious as to what you find out. I could tell you were no noob and figured you changed your strings often like i do. +1 to the string change.

PS, my guitar look(ed) just like yours until I gave it the all black treatment and now it looks sick.

Later,

;
hey everybody.
just ran across this post while looking for info on my bridge. i actually have the same one as posted above but with the addition of spacers so I do have to cut the ball ends off my strings. don't know if this was added, a different model bridge, or the one posted above is missing these.
my guitar is a 1995, USA, Ash body, maple neck w/ rosewood, semi-transparent finish, but other than that I really don't know a whole lot about it. I do know that I've never been able to find info on this bridge though. please post when you hear from Fender...I'm really curious to know.
btw, I do have the trem arm...maybe this pic will help.

huh

cool

i don't suppose you know to get a hold of one of those? to help dcdossett? if he ever comes back...PM him would you? i bet he would love to know that there is someone else with same config.

if i remember, all he wanted was a new vibrato bar...

;
I just searched up this thread again and saw that post of the other guys trem. Anyone know how to get one of those whammy bars?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412